DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Any chance we'll be able to use various fuzing options?

I don't mean the pilot-selectable nose/tail (HD/LD) settings, but the actual fuzing configuration of the weapon. It would be nice to be able to select from proximity, delayed, or instantaneous fuzing for iron bombs as required by the weaponeering.

Arming delays might be a outside the scope of DCS, but functioning delays would add a nice layer of realism. Especially with the diversity of targets available, ranging from troops in the open to bunker/HAS type targets.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

Pave Penny

What's with Pave Penny?

Can we use it? Are there ground troops (such as FAC), which designate targets for us (TISL in HUD), if we doesn't carrying the pod?

kind regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
What's with Pave Penny?

Can we use it? Are there ground troops (such as FAC), which designate targets for us (TISL in HUD), if we doesn't carrying the pod?

kind regards,

Fire

So far we don't plans to model Pave Penny. TGP completely replaces it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

• ED Team
Any chance we'll be able to use various fuzing options?

I don't mean the pilot-selectable nose/tail (HD/LD) settings, but the actual fuzing configuration of the weapon. It would be nice to be able to select from proximity, delayed, or instantaneous fuzing for iron bombs as required by the weaponeering.

Arming delays might be a outside the scope of DCS, but functioning delays would add a nice layer of realism. Especially with the diversity of targets available, ranging from troops in the open to bunker/HAS type targets.

We would like to model the whole range of fuze settings, but right now it looks like we don't have resources for it in A-10C. However HD/LD settings will work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Because things tend to get lost in these mega-threads...

Why not ask such petty questions in the dedicated A-10 questions topic? :disgust:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I have a question regarding radio(s): In a dull moment I read through the faq again, when I got to the question about the radio chatter, I thought of FSX. My question: is it possible to pipe the radio through to a headset and keep the aircraft's sounds in the stereoboxes?

(does this question make sense?)

++To the question above: there will be a digital download, so yes.

Will there be the option to jump in the a10c with ground power connected and a lot of the systems already powered up with switches in the scamble position? i.e No bit testing, cartridges loaded, just engines to spool up and an abbreviated checklist afterwards prior to taxi.

Basically a scramble mission state. I understand this would mean another state in the ME (e.g. Take-off scramble from ramp) also but it would be nice if it were implemented.

p.s. BTW is there a satellite/live view in the new ME ?

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Will there be the option to jump in the a10c with ground power connected and a lot of the systems already powered up with switches in the scamble position? i.e No bit testing, cartridges loaded, just engines to spool up and an abbreviated checklist afterwards prior to taxi.

Basically a scramble mission state. I understand this would mean another state in the ME (e.g. Take-off scramble from ramp) also but it would be nice if it were implemented.

p.s. BTW is there a satellite/live view in the new ME ?

You do not have to perform all the BITs to start her up. AFAIK there are only the start options that were in DCSBS, cold rampstart or ready to go on the rwy.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

ok, shame, a scramble state would have been nice.

Do you know if there is a Satellite view in the ME to place units ?

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Do you know if there is a Satellite view in the ME to place units ?

I have to guess, but i'd say no for this release. While, IIRC, this is on EDs whishlist too, i think there's still too many problems to overcome with the ME and the game engine running on different executables.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Ok, I was rather hoping it would be. It was near the top of the wishlist for the ME after BlackShark.

To be honest its something I would have thought would reduce development time when it came to creating the Campaign. I know from personal experience that approx 50% of my time when mission building is spent on unit placement and replacement/orientation (pretty frustrating really).

^unless of course ED have a different way of creating missions to the rest of us.

Ok, I was rather hoping it would be. It was near the top of the wishlist for the ME after BlackShark.

To be honest its something I would have thought would reduce development time when it came to creating the Campaign. I know from personal experience that approx 50% of my time when mission building is spent on unit placement and replacement/orientation (pretty frustrating really).

^unless of course ED have a different way of creating missions to the rest of us.

I'm unsure of why we haven't got this already... Flanker 2.0 had it :noexpression:

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Well first you have to convince your government to purchase one......

Sort of like how all of us are going to have to convince the US government to allow us to fly it, eh? :P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Firehogs all most happened at one time thank god it did not!! But you would have a much better chance of flying one in California if it did.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-16726.html

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Firehogs all most happened at one time thank god it did not!! But you would have a much better chance of flying one in California if it did.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-16726.html

Interesting concept.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Firehogs all most happened at one time thank god it did not!!

Rip out the armour, replace the GAU-8 with a Big-A$$ Supersoaker and Bob's your Uncle! :thumbup:

Can just imagine the comms.......

Tusk #1 you're cleared Hot for a Squirt run:

Pilot: Copy, running in.......Squirts, Squirts, Squirts........Splash One!

:P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Possibly a coding nightmare but, since many will be flying in virtual squadrons, a nice feature would be to have the pilot name below the canopy for online flights. Will this be implemented at some point?

Sorry if it has been asked before but atm don't have time to go through 61 pages...

Cheers,

Nev

i7@3.8 / 2 SSD OCZ Vertex 2 + 2 Velociraptor / 12GB DDR3 / nV480GTX / 40' LED / T-iR5 / soon HOTAS Warthog / CH Pro Pedals

Q6600 / 2x74GB Raptor / 750 GB Hitachi / 4GB DDR II OCZ / 8800 GTS 512 / Track-IR / Cougar / CH Pro Pedals