DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

With easy comms you just press the radio option and the game will use and tune to the correct radio and frequency.

Without, you need to first set the frequency on the radio you want to use on the left panel (make sure it's set to manual, not preset and that it is on) and then use the correct radio.

For the VHF AM box, you need to press LAlt + Numpad+, I don't know the other keys, so look them up in the options.

The frequencies you need should be mentioned in the mission's briefing

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

depending on what the mission designer enforced, easy comms aren't available in MP. You'll notice when radio options are "greyed out", that is when easy comms are active. If everything is solid, it should be realistic comms. It is a good idea to move on and learn realistic mode. It is not that hard and when you are used to it, it's even more fun.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

It's a "unit" of angle, Milliradian to be specific (well it's not really a unit). Radian is the quotient of arc length and radius. Milliradian is Radian multiplied by 1000.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Thank you:) I know what radian is:) jut wondered about the form "5mil", was wondering somthing like 5 miles:P or 5 milimeter:P thx for the answer:)

Edit: Sorry, but not divided by 1000?

Edited by Pruciak

depending on what the mission designer enforced, easy comms aren't available in MP. You'll notice when radio options are "greyed out", that is when easy comms are active. If everything is solid, it should be realistic comms. It is a good idea to move on and learn realistic mode. It is not that hard and when you are used to it, it's even more fun.

Yeah planning on working out the intricacies of the radio systems soon here, still getting used to the aircraft in general.

I was flying a mission last night with a friend, we were given instructions to contact a JTAC for coordinates to the target area, but when we did so (via easy radio \ and F-key commands,) we got no response. ive had similar issues with ATCs and tankers in MP. Just wanted to know if it was a known issue or if i was doing something wrong. The mission never stated any radio requirements i.e. ez radio or realistic.

FYI mission was the first in the 'Op Jackal' campaign.

Download DCS World, download the A10C module and enter your key when youre asked for it :)

Ok, so far so good but now it says my hardware profile is changed and wont exept the serial, phew. just intalled a new videocard and 4gbs of more ram, a-10c allthough works fine as standalone still...

nope, still the same...

Activation denied by server. Invalid Hardware Code. Make sure the Serial Number used is valid for the product you are trying to activate, generate a new Hardware Code and try again.

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

i think ill wait for developers to patch this. ill stick to singleplayer (1.1.1.1) for the time this is FIXED because it gives me gray hairs.

tried regfix and all the other tricks, but all it did was cost me few activation keys and the loss of my configurations and logbook, sweet!

I have a strange issue. A-10C is running at 45-60FPS on my computer at all high settings, but it still looks a bit jerky? My display obviously has to be displaying a lower FPS than the computer is actually doing. Any ideas?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

Turn off the engines and use the radio menu (Ground Crew) to repair.

Please note that if you turn off the engines you will lose power on your computers and lose the alignment(the CDU stuff where you have to wait ~4mins). To get around this there are two ways: 1. Before turning off the last engine turn on the APU +Gen.

2. Ask the Ground Crew (same menu) for power.

Check your options for the radio menu key, for me on german keyboard layout its # but should be something else for you.

Note:

Open canopy first before repairing. Goes much easier

You can also re-arm/refuel while repairing.

• Like 1

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Whenever I go inverted for more than few seconds both of my engines quit on me, same happens when I'm doing a stall turn ( during that the engines quit at the very peak just before i apply rudder) Now i'm guessing its because the gravity pulls the fuel down and the engines have nothing to work with right ? I'f its not because of that then why does it happen and is there any way i could go over that ?

'Fear the strike'

Whenever I go inverted for more than few seconds both of my engines quit on me, same happens when I'm doing a stall turn ( during that the engines quit at the very peak just before i apply rudder) Now i'm guessing its because the gravity pulls the fuel down and the engines have nothing to work with right ? I'f its not because of that then why does it happen and is there any way i could go over that ?

Correct.

Approximately 10 seconds of negative G flight is the limit.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Now i'm guessing its because the gravity pulls the fuel down and the engines have nothing to work with right ?

Correct.

(Okay, depending on the maneuver, it's actually gravitational force rather than just gravity, but you get the point).

There are fuel pumps/fuel systems that can overcome those effects, they're just not installed on the A-10. That's why you should limit inverted flight (or rather, anything below 0 on the g-meter) to less than 10 seconds and you'll be good to go.

On the other hand, such a situation is always a nice way to check your in-flight engine restart procedures. :D

Edit: Damn, sniped :)

Here is the pertinent quote from pg. 133 of the Flight Manual.

Note: For negative G flight, the A-10C has collector tanks that will supply the engines with sufficient fuel for 10 seconds of operation at MAX power. If you fly at negative G for more than 10 seconds, you risk the engines shutting down due to lack of fuel supply.
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hey, it's me again. I've been trying to find how to use the night vision but I can not find anything. Please if anyone could tell me or even point me in the right direction, that would be great :) Thanks.

Right shift and H to activate night vision goggles - assuming that's what you mean :)