DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Can you tell me what the bezel dimensions of the 2 MFDs are

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=939538&postcount=26

if the rotory knob is also push button like on the Abris?

Negative

Also in the video the caution lamps appear blue. Are they green or blue?

Looks "electric" or "Indigo" to me.

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unless Matt is willing to answer, anything beyond NDA wont be answered for obvious reason, so no need to try to penetrate. The purpose of the thread is to slow down the creation of new "single question" threads, which we have plenty.

Edited by Peyoteros

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bet it will be out NOV-DEC most likely DEC. sooner would be awesome hope not waiting for christmas. But when ever is good for me I cant wait . I wish i could pre order it while i have the money.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bet it will be out NOV-DEC most likely DEC. sooner would be awesome hope not waiting for christmas. But when ever is good for me I cant wait . I wish i could pre order it while i have the money.

I'll take your order :P Your money will be safe with me ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How does it feel like? :) How is the flight model when compared to FC2 A10. How much similar or different? How is the optical sensor image when compared to the shkval? For example I felt that the image wasnt good enough in FC2 for the A10 to be really useful. When compared to the shkval i mean. How is the magnification? Or is this a limit with the maverick itself?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

How is the optical sensor image when compared to the shkval? For example I felt that the image wasnt good enough in FC2 for the A10 to be really useful. When compared to the shkval i mean.

If you're carrying a targeting pod, I doubt you'll be dissapointed!

How is the magnification? Or is this a limit with the maverick itself?

On the A-10A, the image was limited by the missile seeker. I would think that you can slave the missile to where the pod is looking in the C. IDK about when the pod goes AWOL, though. This seems the right place to ask, no?

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Oh yes, I have a (serious) question, but I dont know if you can answer it or not, I'm just curious:

Will the TM Warthog be plug-and-play with DCS: A10C? Meaning you plug it in for the first time, install the drivers, install/update profile(s), and start dcs a10c and be able to use the correct buttons on the hotas, as they are in the a10?

Thanks

Oh yes, I have a (serious) question, but I dont know if you can answer it or not, I'm just curious:

Will the TM Warthog be plug-and-play with DCS: A10C? Meaning you plug it in for the first time, install the drivers, install/update profile(s), and start dcs a10c and be able to use the correct buttons on the hotas, as they are in the a10?

Thanks

Yes, this was said at the Thrustmaster preview event.

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Thanks

Yes, the game will recognize it and will automatically configure it to function exactly like the real A-10 stick.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

i like to know about the flight model. how does it compare to the Su25t (YES THEY ARE DIFFFERENT aircraft), but playing flaming cliffs.. the Su25t was a joy to fly because it feel like you where flying something... i mean how did A-10 pilots using the A-10 desktop training simulator feel as compared to its real life counterpart, in terms of the feel of flying? and then hence how is DCS A-10C warthog with its flight model..

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Is that the screen or the outside of the bezel?

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

One needs to be an A10 pilot to answer this one, which I'm not... Less assured, TFC/ED are rising the standarts with every new project.

i like to know about the flight model. how does it compare to the Su25t (YES THEY ARE DIFFFERENT aircraft), but playing flaming cliffs.. the Su25t was a joy to fly because it feel like you where flying something... i mean how did A-10 pilots using the A-10 desktop training simulator feel as compared to its real life counterpart, in terms of the feel of flying? and then hence how is DCS A-10C warthog with its flight model..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The DTS was merely a procedural trainer to familiarize A pilots with the C cockpit. Since flight behaviour of A and C is virtually the same, there was no need for ED to implement that. This and most of the systems that the A and C have in common have to be modeled for the consumer version only. Therefore these pilots won't be able to comment on the DCS flight model.

Considering the positive response on the BS flight model however, i'm sure you will be pleased with what ED are pulling off. After all, subject matter experts are involved in development and some of the tester staff have a fair bit of understanding of aerodynamics, too (let alone the developers ;)).

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Thanks for this thread man! I have read that exporting MFD views will be streamlined, but is it implemented in such a way as to run on a network without the current performance hit associated with (e.g.) ABRIS.

Probably a stupid questions, but if you have a machine that runs BS well, are you in good shape for A10C.

And one more :), are you finding that A10C benefits more from a high end graphic than FC2 and BS which get more of a push from a fast cpu?

Oh, and I'll take fast and good, please :).

Edited by hassata

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=939538&postcount=26

Negative

Looks "electric" or "Indigo" to me.

That post doesnt say what the bezel dimensions are. I plan on using OpenCockpits 5"x5" display and I am thinking about having bezels custom made for the actual size rather than using MFD cougars. I think this will give me full display without having the widescreen format of most current displays. Since it uses a tv out signal instead of vga, the display can be expanded or contracted to fit properly. The bezels appear to me to be about 7"x7" but I wanted to confirm that.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart