[Planned] LAU-88 and triple AGM-65s?

Hentai Paisen

The USAF viper has never flown an active configuration with triple 65s. The rocket motor close out seal aka buttplug of the inboard shoulder mounted 65 will destroy the ailerons, ensuring a catastrophic failure and likely crashing the aircraft.

Edited by =Panther=
  • Thanks 1

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Judging from the orange paint on the tank I'd say you probably found a photo of a configuration test flight.

In 22 years of flying and refueling F-16s I never saw one carrying 6 mavs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I worked on USAF F-16 From 1997 to 2012. Never saw LAU-88,never saw weapons crews train to load it in load barn, never saw any load competition to load them. When deployed or TDY it never carried it.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

https://images.app.goo.gl/uRD8hVYrYoNfzd3Z8

They were used in some capacity, what I can find says it was approved for use in wartime only and withdrawn at some point.

That is an Israeli F-16 in the photo, Also note the camera installed behind the chaff and flare buckets in the right strake. The camera was installed to record store behavior during flight. So this is a test aircraft. We are getting a USAF F-16 block 50 after CCIP circa 2007 in DCS.

Edited by mvsgas
  • Thanks 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Wow, so the other sim had it wrong this whole time. Oh well, it's disappointing but definitely not a deal breaker. Is there a launcher that can hold 2 mavs that this Viper can utilize?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

No

To whom it may concern,

Wow, so the other sim had it wrong this whole time. Oh well, it's disappointing but definitely not a deal breaker. Is there a launcher that can hold 2 mavs that this Viper can utilize?

Yes we were spoiled by the Falcon.

Single loaded 65s on a 117 is the only authorized configuration on the USAF Viper, and only on station 3 and 7. Station 4 and 6 do not have the video capability for the mavericks.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Yet the tripple maverick setup with lau88 also no longer realistic for the A10 yet we have it on the A10C in game, when it was never utilized on that variant or the time period ( circa 2005-07), and only at brief period on the A10A. The F/A18C hornet is going to get AGM62 walleyes, and even AGM45 Shrikes, despite these not being utlized on a 2005 era Charlie Hornet. ( like maybe on F/A18A's in range drops) nor was BRU55 rack available in 2005

IRRC it was found out that 3rd maverick when it shot off the motor burned the landing gear rubber. SO i think if not triple then at least dual maverick mounts should be permitted on the F16, since dual mavericks were at least utilized in earlier time period.

Because its otherwise hypocrisy ( and ill consistent) to somehow tolerate non appropriate load-out for the A10C ( which was allowable by ED) but not offer the same treatment to the F16C.

an-air-to-air-view-of-an-f-16a-fighting-falcon-aircraft-carrying-low-altitude-d0d29b-1600.jpg

abi.jpg?m=1371924832

ada.jpg?m=1371902459

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

but isn't the tripple maverick setup also no longer realsistic for the A10 yet we have it on the A10C in game?

IRRC it was found out that 3rd maverick when it shot off the motor burned the landing gear rubber, yet we still have the load out in DCS A10C that is no longer utilized.

And this says what about the F-16C? Feel free to ask ED to remove this option in the A-10C and I will be happy to support you :thumbup:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The LAU-88 is still on the A-10C, they can slant load 2 mavericks.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And this says what about the F-16C? Feel free to ask ED to remove this option in the A-10C and I will be happy to support you :thumbup:

if the manual states this was a allowable loadout, and was at least utilized at some point than its fair game, considering they did this on the A10C, and consdiering some of the no longer available load outs for the F/A18C they could do it for the F16C.

If you want the right loadouts for the specifc time period than that should be on you in Single player to choose not to use them, , or to the Mission/ Server creater for Multiplayer to limit what load outs are permissible or not instead of removing the choice and forcing it down everyone's throats.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

The LAU-88 is still on the A-10C, they can slant load 2 mavericks.

but when is the last time any A10 actually flew with Lau88's and a pair of mavericks on each of them?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Just saw it within the last year, it is part of the Weapons School agenda every 6 months.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just saw it within the last year, it is part of the Weapons School agenda every 6 months.

but they don't fly with 3 anymore and yet that is allowable in DCS anyways.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Because its otherwise hypocrisy ( and ill consistent) to somehow tolerate non appropriate load-out for the A10C ( which was allowable by ED) but not offer the same treatment to the F16C.
Well, call it hypocrisy or just reluctance to piss off people since the same you ask for a loadout disappearance there would be people willing for it to stay. DCS is a tough ecosystem in which no matter what you do there will always be people complaining :D .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• ED Team
but they don't fly with 3 and yet that is allowable in DCS anyways.

The A-10C in DCS is a mid-200s Suite 3 jet in which the LAU-88 with two AGM-65 was station was certainly valid.

The same cannot be said true for an 2007 F-16CM.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

but they don't fly with 3 and yet that is allowable in DCS anyways.

This guy doesn't agree-

I'm saying we've flown with 3 mavs in combat as recently as Iraqi Freedom, we've fired all three mavs and not experienced any damage.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118428&page=2

The USAF apparently dropped LAU-88s for F-16s in the early 2000s - been asked a few times.

This guy doesn't agree-

I'm saying we've flown with 3 mavs in combat as recently as Iraqi Freedom, we've fired all three mavs and not experienced any damage.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118428&page=2

The USAF apparently dropped LAU-88s for F-16s in the early 2000s - been asked a few times.

and what year of Iraqi freedom? ( considering lack of conventional mechanized Iraqi forces after conclusion of the 2003 invasion that wouldn't warrant triple maverick setup) A10C's werent deployed overeseas to Iraq until 2008 ,which was also when newer suites came about. Up until that point those would have been A10A's operating over Iraq.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

The A-10C in DCS is a mid-200s Suite 3 jet in which the LAU-88 with two AGM-65 was station was certainly valid.

The same cannot be said true for an 2007 F-16CM.

Thanks

Ah ok then, so AGM62 Walleye and AGM45 Shrike is valid for a mid 2000's F/A18C lot 20?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

That is an Israeli F-16 in the photo, Also note the camera installed behind the chaff and flare buckets in the right strake. The camera was installed to record store behavior during flight. So this is a test aircraft. We are getting a USAF F-16 block 50 after CCIP circa 2007 in DCS.

While I'm not disputing if this may be a picture of a test, that is most definitely not a picture depicting an operational loadout of an Israeli F-16.

It is likely that it is just a pic of a test using an F-16 painted in the Israeli camo.

Cheers

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Interesting thread and discussion.

Just to check, sounds like we’re saying that the A10c should be carrying no more than 2 Mavs?

Whilst I don’t really care about ED overhauling the limits, I’ll do so in my own missions.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Yes we were spoiled by the Falcon.

Single loaded 65s on a 117 is the only authorized configuration on the USAF Viper, and only on station 3 and 7. Station 4 and 6 do not have the video capability for the mavericks.

The LAU-88 triplet launchers can only be fitted to nr. 3 and 7 station, whereas the LAU-117/A can be fitted to nr. 3,4,6 and 7 station.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_armament_article4.html

X-Plane 11 Payware :

Aircraft : Boeing 767-300ER, Airbus 319-100, Airbus 350 XWB, Beechcraft King Air 350, Diamond DA-62

Airport : KATL

Just to check, sounds like we’re saying that the A10c should be carrying no more than 2 Mavs?

Whilst I don’t really care about ED overhauling the limits, I’ll do so in my own missions.

4 Mavericks (2x LAU-88 with two AGM-65D/H per station) was an allowed operational load out for the A-10A.

6 Mavericks (2x LAU-88 with three AGM-65D/H per station) was only for ferry flights, airshows, etc.

The AGM-65G/K is a heavier missile / LAU-117 mounted, so you can only carry 2 of those.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080