=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Eeks, does the server get reset every month?

I reset stats manually, but recently i have very little spare time (have important task at work and baby at home). I'll reset as soon as possible for august-september season.

I still hope to get back to the server as soon as possible. No argue that it's needed to develop mission to make it really better and more entertaining, and we need to continue work on new stats with Vortex.

Hopefully, everything will be settled down soon and I'll find time and energy to continue.

Sorry if you feel that the server does not progress.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

The webpage seems to be stuck.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

maybe it would be better to make AA indestructible?

for the main bases.

what about making (all) them respawn 5 minutes after destruction of last aaa unit?

that way you could "have your cake and eat it"

meaning there would be the "destroy them" challenge but without possibility to "stay and loiter to vulch starting/spawning planes"

I loved this server in 1.5, I have been contemplating picking up Normandy and getting back into war birds. With that said, every evening (US Central time) that I fire up 2.0 to see if the server is populated, it appears to have no more than 2-3 folks on it. Same with all other WWII servers, has the Normandy/asset pack combo heavily reduced the amount of US time zone WWII pilots, or am I missing something?

Millenix | 68th Virtual Fighter Squadron

AV8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | Mig-21bis | P-51D | Spitfire Mk IX | Bf-109 | M-2000C | A-10C | U1-H1 | Ka-50 | FC3

weppage is not syncing again since roughly 40Hours i guess ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

Maybe there are more Steam users than you think? I'm a Steam user, and I haven't touched WWII since Normandy came out because all the WWII 1.5 servers disappeared, and Normandy isn't released to Steam.

I guess there's a bright side. Nevada is on Steam now, so it probably means Normandy will be released in 2 weeks (ahem). Problem is Steam tends to get short changed on deals, so that'll cost anyone wanting to get involved with WWII $75 outside of their plane choice, so adoption could still end up being low.

I have always "planned" to return to WWII, but with no way to participate I've had a lot of time to get really involved with other games, so it'll probably be two weeks (ahem) before I decide to come back.

People are just bored with the current state of affairs on Normandy.. There are only a few WWII servers altogether and their admins have their personal lives and they can't actually keep the pace with us to further develop the missions. I'm positive that the things will change for the better in the upcoming days/months/years.. Just don't lose hope :)

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Normandy server needs to be restated ... 2 people online and we saw each other only standing still in the air ... ping was good ... its unflyable

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

No :(

eekz .... can you give us the chance to put our skin? :notworthy::worthy:

Dogfight su Burning..

Edited by 2RGT Oberst
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

eekz .... can you give us the chance to put our skin? :notworthy::worthy:

I'm sorry to say that, but allowing custom skins would result in a chaos with nonexitent skins, sports skins, and everything like that. I wold like to keep skins under mission control in order to provide equal options to all players, and not break immersion for those who prefer really existed skins.

Also, (probably not in the nearest future), but we are planning to give special skins as a prize for specific players if they complete some achivement, so in this term skins also should be under mission control.

I hope for your understanding.

But if your skin would have been added to the game by ED (such things happened in the past), I could utilize it in the mission.

Dogfight su Burning..

Cool vid. I'll post it on fb

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook