=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

the best players don't engage enemy airfields because off high risk for a loss in the stats. AA is pretty good at keeping the airfield clean. I think it's fine as it is. I managed to get draged into enemy AA yesterday... trigger happy I was :-)

Up until they (or one rather) starts having conniption fits.

They really are great though. And ofc a lot of that comes from working as a team, something I find very lacking tbh. It should be a requirement to be on discord to play the server...like DDCS has. It's not even a hindrance. It is a free tool that everyone in DCS MP should have, there is no excuse to not have and use it. That would force players to get on comms (for once) and would encourage teamwork. Also to actually talk and perhaps socialize to people in general, which is always a plus.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Also to add, I don't strafe people on the ground. It's too risky with AAA, it usually doesn't kill the pilot, and it feels like drop kicking a puppy. However after they take off and leave the protection of their flak, I pounce.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

It should be a requirement to be on discord to play the server...like DDCS has. It's not even a hindrance. It is a free tool that everyone in DCS MP should have, there is no excuse to not have and use it. That would force players to get on comms (for once) and would encourage teamwork. Also to actually talk and perhaps socialize to people in general, which is always a plus.

Magic, thanks for the kind words. I agree that teamwork is absolutely critical to succeeding in the 51. The 362nd does a great job of training new recruits so that everybody understands how to work together. Team comms is absolutely critical to that system. I am really privileged to get to fly with and learn from the Sr guys in the 362nd.

That said, I personally would not want discord to be required on bs. With discord, you can only be on one voice channel at a time. We as a squadron depend on using our private discord for squad ops before, during and after the game. It would be distracting if non squad members were jumping on the channel and participating without knowing how we communicate and operate.

I recognize that this leaves others who aren't in the squad out of the loop. Which is frustrating for lone wolves or new players who don't have anyone to work with.

Not speaking for the 362nd, but I personally would support requiring srs or v even better for in game comms where multiple channels can exist. Squads could then still use discord on the side, but it would allow players on the same team near each other to coordinate in an ad hoc fashion.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I don’t think it should be required but I do think that it has its place and more guys should take advantage of any comms system available. That’s actually how the 362nd got started, It was through mutual meeting and flying on the old Burning Skies Team Speak. If more guys took advantage of server discord comms and developed mutual friendships then that leads to more squads and more community involvement which I think ultimately benefits everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Okay, I just registered on Discord and downloaded the app. I’m in the BS server, so then I just join the axis or allies voice deal and start DCS (or visa-versa)? I set the push to talk in Discord as one of my HOTAS buttons, that’s all I need to do to talk in game then?

i9-9900K | 1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | TM Warthog | Oculus Rift S | gametrix JetSeat

F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | P-47D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4

=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

Okay, I just registered on Discord and downloaded the app. I’m in the BS server, so then I just join the axis or allies voice deal and start DCS (or visa-versa)? I set the push to talk in Discord as one of my HOTAS buttons, that’s all I need to do to talk in game then?

Discord is independent of DCS so you can start discord and the sim in any order. You have a voice channel selected and you have a PTT setup, just make sure in your discord settings that you have the correct audio device selected. Other then that it’s sounds like your all setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SRS would be better.

A way better! ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

SRS would be better.
Absolutely! If only more people knew about it, or more importantly, if Burning Skies had a working SRS channel.

Hacker in I-16 on Burning skies, what really weird is all my settings for the spitfire disappeared after I left the server.

and only that modul.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Side issue can some roles be added for the Spit CW? It is essentially another aircraft and what with the limited pool of them to choose from it might help. Especially since that one doesn't suffer the gunsight bug. ;)

I'd really appreciate this one, I'd love to have a go flying it in MP.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like it gets up to about 25-30mins in fine, then disconnects, no longer on multi player list.

Elapsed time on webpage starts counting backwards! then at 0 mins its backup.

webpage has us online but we are not.

Edit: have to pop out now but counter going forward now and still showing us in there when we are not. Guessing you reset it the time before when it Did come back up.

Connect via ip has server offline and not showing in the MP list.

Weird!

:)

Edited by No.119_Bruv (VK-B)

for whatever reason takeoff assist is on in the a-8 in the server.......

very annoying

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

very annoying

+1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

Hi. No, just small technical issue on the server machine. Now everything's fine.

very annoying

+2 Please continue to fix and update the server between releases of modules, eekz. BS is looking kinda neglected, and for a while.

On my stats, it shows I shot down a Spitfire whilst in a Kurfürst. But in the above section that displays the time we've flown a particular aircraft, it doesn't even show that I flew a 109 at all.

Server down?

I have been trying at intervals this afteroon and I cannot see the server (Open Beta)

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5