DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

Anyway we hope to implement it cause sattelites can be lost. The best way would be to implement both components - GPS and INS integrated by a Kalman filter. Will see..

Great news Olgerd!! :thumbsup:

INS drift shouldnt really be a player as the A-10C has an EGI which uses a GNSS embedded in an inertial which has 0 drift unless you have no GNSS reception.

You are right, but I'm confident that it'd be implemmented in DCS:Ka50 as well via patch - and that can be really interesting!

Out of curiosity, are Kalman loops difficult to implement? It was my understanding that they usually work better in hardware than in software, but I could easily be wrong.

IIRC from my degree, Kalman filters work in Z space so they are very prone to be implemented in digital systems. I've never seen a Kalman filter implemented anywhere outside MATLAB, but in the source code of CSP (Combat Simulation Project) there some difital filter implementation classes (IIR filter if I remind correctly) acting as PID for F-16 FCS, so my guess it's possible to be implmented in a real time process with no more than the typical problems that usually come up as programming this sort of stuff.

Regards!!

Anyway we hope to implement it cause sattelites can be lost. The best way would be to implement both components - GPS and INS integrated by a Kalman filter. Will see..

Wow, thats one hell of a level of detail!

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Yeah, you pretty much answered my question there GGT, Thanks.

Edit: Also, will there possibly be failure options for multiple satellites that are located above the region? It would be interesting if for some reason you lost GPS guidance because a satellite went down mid mission. It could also be really useful if you were doing some sort of contingency training for if one or more critical nav systems aboard your jet failed. Or practice in how to best employ GPS/INS guided bombs without a GPS signal.

It could also be neat for multiplayer missions. have a certain base in which defenses need to be taken out in order for a special ops team to infiltrate and steal the access codes for GPS satellites or whatever. Taking down that heavily defended base would render a certain team's GPS based systems unusable for the rest of the game.

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

• ED Team
Yeah, you pretty much answered my question there GGT, Thanks.

Edit: Also, will there possibly be failure options for multiple satellites that are located above the region? It would be interesting if for some reason you lost GPS guidance because a satellite went down mid mission. It could also be really useful if you were doing some sort of contingency training for if one or more critical nav systems aboard your jet failed. Or practice in how to best employ GPS/INS guided bombs without a GPS signal.

It could also be neat for multiplayer missions. have a certain base in which defenses need to be taken out in order for a special ops team to infiltrate and steal the access codes for GPS satellites or whatever. Taking down that heavily defended base would render a certain team's GPS based systems unusable for the rest of the game.

The most possible situation during wartime when GPS becomes unusable is - GPS jamming.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

The GPS bombs can always be used as a dumb bomb. And for that reason I see flights take off with LGB as well as GPS weapons. ti is always good to have a backup plan.

• Like 1

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Hehe, imagine, your flying your A10C around, and whiteout warning lose your GPS.

Back at base your told the GPS satellites where lost during a Solar Flare. :D:D:lol::lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Thanks for coming by and answering our questions Olgerd! We don't seem to get much dev team action around here.

If you do have the time to add a way to disable/hinder GPS into the game, can you simulate both lost satelites and GPS jammers? It would be great if you could add a "GPS jam at zone" trigger action into the mission editor so we could tie GPS jamming to the survival/destruction of certain units or buildings! Maybe the strength of the jamming could also be set, just like you can set the strength of an explosion.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Short answer: I doubt it. SPJs work very differently in RL than both in FC1 and FC2. You'll see.

I'm just curious...whether the new 15s warm up ECM time feature also be included in A-10?

P.S.sry if someone asked this before...

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

More specifically I can tell you the way it is supposed to operate: You turn the jammer on (i.e. supply power) and turn the defense system on (it integrates your jammer with the RWR).

When your RWR receives a signal that indicates STT against your aircraft, it will signal the jammer to attempt to jam that threat.

Edited by GGTharos
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Question. Is DCS: A10 going to have its own integrated voice chat system so we don't have to set up a separate Teamspeak server?

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

I've been flying fsx for a few years and just started looking into dcs. I really hoping to get the dcs a10c when it comes out and I'm also getting the thrustmaster cougar(warthog is gonna be a little expensive for me). I read the the thrustmaster warthog will automatically be mapped to the dcs a10c when in use. Will the same apply in an altered way for the hotas cougar. Or will it have to mapped manually?

The Cougar will have automatic mapping for its controls, but they will most likely be a lot different from the default controls that the Warthog stick will use. The Cougar MFD's however will be auto mapped to their realistic button locations on the A-10C without any changes needed.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Thanks pyro, so will it map automatically to be easily playable or will I have to change stuff. Also, not sure how many of you have flown the VRS superbug, but in terms of realism, will it be and difficult as that plane as in, if you do one thing wrong you stall and crash on takeoff?

On some screenshots like those here:

http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_456a.html

..it looks like the specular on the F15 is interrupted on different paint or as question; Are specular-, normal-, bump maps etc. on objects integrated now?

That would be so awesome for skins etc!

Edited by Weltensegler

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

One thing about this game bugs me. All screenshot are, or near Nellis AFB, near Las Vegas, Nevada.

Can i assume that the Russian Federation has invaded US, or screenshots are purely for show-off?

Edited by Rambler91

There's nothing friendly about "friendly fire"

----------------------------------------------------------------

A cigarette is a pinch of tobacco, wrapped in paper, fire at one end, fool at the other.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side,

and it holds the universe together.

After (M)onday and (T)uesday even the week says WTF !!