Virpil Throttle V3 - analog mini stick

HC_Official

I likely upgrade to Virpil stuff from my current TM setup at some point in the future. And i am happy to see that many of the gripes i had with the initial offerings have been addressed. I won't be on the hunt for a new setup for some time to come, but i reckon by the time i do intend to upgrade, pretty much all i want will be available from Virpil.

And i do understand everyone who is annoyed that the initial production runs were missing some important features that became available so soon afterwards. Virpils move from contract production to having their own factory made things possible that they themselves might not have anticipated. At the same time, if the things missing from the early versions are so important, you guys must have known that sooner or later either Virpil or VKB would have offered something more suited. For instance, the T-50 was missing the thumb 4/5 push head the Warthog replica has...that was a deal breaker for me so i did not order that one, assuming that this was gonna get fixed in the future,... a lot of folks on the forums were asking for it.

But, why don't you sell your current Virpil throttle, it aint old and should still fetch a reasonably good price? I reckon most people don't expect to get the upgraded version at no cost...so take a loss on your current setup and order the new version from Virpil. Though shipping will probably add to that quite a bit.

Edited by sc_neo

In fairness Virpil did tell us when they introduced the original throttle unit that plans were

to add an analogue mini stick in the near future, at least they hoped to.

One of the reasons I did not buy the original unit.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

As the majority of my combat flight simming is in WWII era aircraft, the no detents...

Even some WWII planes have a kind of "detent" in their throttle rails, why they have a of "Z" course.

Spitfire MK.II

http://spitfirespares.co.uk/Website%20Products%20461/Throttle%202c.jpg

Spitfire MK IX, XVI

https://deepblueskysite.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/mg_5948.jpg?w=1000&h=

Hawker Typhoon

http://spitfirespares.co.uk/Website%20products%20501/T%20Cover%201%20large.jpg

Of course most "combat flight games" simplify this operation to a simple WEP/Boost button, for "casual keyboard players" use. :D

But, why don't you sell your current Virpil throttle, it aint old and should still fetch a reasonably good price? I reckon most people don't expect to get the upgraded version at no cost...so take a loss on your current setup and order the new version from Virpil. Though shipping will probably add to that quite a bit.

I'd consider this if I'd not have to screw around with 6 am stock schedules lasting for 10 minutes and unspecified (long) wait time. My issue with them is not prices/quality but awful sales service.

BTW my CM2 grip pre-order from March 17 has not shipped yet (no, I don't want to ask support for it).

I was not aware there was a revision yet, much less two revisions... This looks more refined and ergonomic, and seems the hard to grip hats were replaced, that's good. Still, I rather like the 1st style of grip better )

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I was not aware there was a revision yet, much less two revisions... This looks more refined and ergonomic, and seems the hard to grip hats were replaced, that's good. Still, I rather like the 1st style of grip better )

Not Me. I would love to purchase the new style grips.

Yeah, the new grips look much better, IMHO. Extra controls are also great, but shame about the missing AB detent. That's completely impractical.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Is your device still working properly? Because IF so I am not seeing the issue. Your complaining they are iterating too fast?

Virpil is, BTW, looking at an upgrade option for existing users. What that is hasn't been stated.

3 of my Virpil items are discontinued, the MT50 base, the first MT50CM grip and now the MT50 throttle. All of them still function WONDERFULLY. I feel no need to replace them anytime in the next several years. Hell I used a discontinued X55 throttle for quite a few years without issues outside of needing a powered usb slot.

Yap, still working properly. Still enjoying it too! :)

It's just that I think it's really fast to practically replace a product after a few months. At least offer early birds an option, something like a buyback, or an option to purchase just the grip so people can replace their old grip for the new one on the throttle (along with a manual on howto).

For a product that costs well over €300 I would expect an option when the lifecycle of that product is only 8 months or so.

No, I don't opt for Virpil to offer an option for free. Not at all. :)

I wonder if it would be possible to print a bracket that would sit on top of the where the throttle levers come out of the base they comes in slightly at one point so you would have to push through some resistance au a certain point to mimic a detent. Kinda like how you can buy mods for the Thrumaster shifter for Sim racing that add resistance pushing it into gear.

The only issue would be securing it to the throttle to provide that resistance.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

I wonder if it would be possible to print a bracket that would sit on top of the where the throttle levers come out of the base they comes in slightly at one point so you would have to push through some resistance au a certain point to mimic a detent. Kinda like how you can buy mods for the Thrumaster shifter for Sim racing that add resistance pushing it into gear.

The only issue would be securing it to the throttle to provide that resistance.

There are 3 screws at rear of throttle handles and 3 at front, slightly longer screws

to replace the current ones and you are sorted (to add a plastic detent)

We just need some dude good at 3D printing to design one

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

There are 3 screws at rear of throttle handles and 3 at front, slightly longer screws

to replace the current ones and you are sorted (to add a plastic detent)

We just need some dude good at 3D printing to design one

I think Virpil should have that option included

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G