M2K Converted - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-16-2019, 07:31 AM   #11
TheFlyingFinn

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMEDooley View Post
So I took the M2K campaign and converted it with the permission of Baltic Dragon. However, I am having some issues with the JTAC in the last mission. I cannot get him to answer through the menu. I know I’m on the right frequency as the VO’s do come on. So I’m not sure what is going on. Any advice would me most welcome.
I just wanted to say a quick Thank You! to both Baltic Dragon and AMEDooley for creating this campaign and converting it for the Hornet respectively.

I had a lot of fun with this and the dialog is excellent and very immersive!

Good job, guys
TheFlyingFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:09 PM   #12
AMEDooley

Updated the Campaign to correct some frequency issues. Also changed the time from winter to the end of summer and fall. A couple more changes planed and will be implemented soon. This changes include times of mission, so far I’m planning two night missions, and adding some ground troops to serve as PC’s on the spots for the Hornet. That last change will require the mod virpl ground crew. I’ll release it as soon as it is ready, which will be with in the next few weeks.
AMEDooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:18 AM   #13
daarseth

Apologies, but how do you get to actually use this campaign? I have downloaded it, which seems to be a .rar file. Doesn't show up in my missions/campaigns , have placed it in the correct folder. The file extension seems to be the issue (not a computer genius by any means). Do you simply change the file extension to .cmp or .miz? Would like to try this but have had no luck yet.

Cheers and sorry if it's a simple or stupid question.
daarseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:39 AM   #14
sideshow

You need to decompress the .rar file with a program like Winrar, or whatever you prefer. Once you do that, put the file folder in: Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Missions\Campaigns
sideshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:58 AM   #15
daarseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow View Post
You need to decompress the .rar file with a program like Winrar, or whatever you prefer. Once you do that, put the file folder in: Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Missions\Campaigns
Thank you very much. Just completed the first mission, hopefully some bad guys are in the cards for the upcoming missions.

Thanks again and cheers!
Old 05-19-2019, 05:03 AM   #16
AMEDooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by daarseth View Post
Thank you very much. Just completed the first mission, hopefully some bad guys are in the cards for the upcoming missions.

Thanks again and cheers!
It gets pretty aggressive later. The first three or four are just simple learning missions.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:25 PM   #17
Supmua

Thanks, I did one mission so far. Didn't realize that mission one requires light switch testing (something I never bothered to do) to trigger the conversation with your flight lead--had to check it in mission editor. I would probably use something more common as some people might miss this trigger--such as closing canopy or arming the ejection seat.

Last edited by Supmua; 05-19-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Supmua is offline   Reply With Quote