=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

I had an idea to help mostly VR players, probably not a good one but wanted to post it and see what people think. The thing is that with the low resolution display of VR headsets (totally worth it!) it can be far more difficult to id a target. The idea is to make a way to ID airplanes as friendly or enemy but only once you get close enough that you would be able to ID it if you were on a monitor.

What if there was a target marker on planes that is red or blue but only visible within 100 meters or so?

I'm not pushing for this, just want to see what people think!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

The more you fly on the server the easier it will be for you to Id the different aircrafts. For me the Spit is the easiest to Id cause of the big black thing on its nose.

I run the Rift as well, do you have a zoom key switch? do you have key switch to turn on and off labels? Sometimes turning off labels and zooming in helps to Id the targets in close range. Sometimes I get the P51 and 109 confuse but I don't shoot until I'm sure even though it may give them the advantage.

Its always best to Id the your target before shooting :)

See ya in the skies!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just started flying the Spit on your server as you guys need another dummy for target practice....

Since vulching seems to be allowed here by the other side before I even get to taxi.

How about allowing Combined Arms so I can man the ack-ack guns, etc. ?

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Could the mission maker check if the script on the radio channel #4 in the 109 also works for the 190?

Should work for all. I'll recheck and if something wrong the fix will be in next mission update, which will be soon.

How about allowing Combined Arms so I can man the ack-ack guns, etc. ?

Will do some day. However, I need to make sure that only certain units are controllable, and we might need to make some adjustments in stats system, so ground commander will not be counted as aircraft pilot.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

First of all, thanks for a great server! :thumbup:

My question is if you (admins) would consider turning off the "pure client" check?

I (and probably many others) enjoy the great WWII sound-mods out there.

Turning off IC is a very bad idea, otherwise people could for example set the muzzlevelocity from the mk 108 from 500 to 5000 m/s with a weight of 0gramms and explosive of 1000 (whatever unit) or they could mod the loadout with nukes or whatever

it's a bad idea if you want to have a normal gameplay

The more you fly on the server the easier it will be for you to Id the different aircrafts. For me the Spit is the easiest to Id cause of the big black thing on its nose.

I run the Rift as well, do you have a zoom key switch? do you have key switch to turn on and off labels? Sometimes turning off labels and zooming in helps to Id the targets in close range. Sometimes I get the P51 and 109 confuse but I don't shoot until I'm sure even though it may give them the advantage.

Its always best to Id the your target before shooting :)

See ya in the skies!

Thanks for the tips! I did feel the marker sometimes made it harder to ID targets and I had forgotten that there is apparently a zoom feature that works in Rift (but not in Vive I'm told) that I need to find and bind.

I'll be sure to bind both of those up before my next flight. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

Are there any kind of rules in this server? Something like auto-ban for intentional teamkillg..

Will the data export to use with TacView be available in the future? Just to understand mistakes and improve and to clearly know the names of voulchers, disconnecters...:music_whistling::music_whistling:

Been having one heckuva time Id-anybody or even realizing a bird was even there in the ski with me, until I found out that there is a setting in my ViewSonic monitor to turn it to better refresh rates and dynamic contrast... it's the 27 inch that claimed it was one that was 1mili/second but I found that if you actually turn it to 1 ms it's actually horrible so you have to do the advanced setting (. Still much much better than the other) was a huge help like night and day difference.

And this is just a basic 1900 x 1080. What I'm trying to say is it's interesting and just how reconfiguring a few things even with out changing any hardware can make a big difference. The VR mass are pretty awesome but I'm not gonna get those yet. I haven't even experienced the ultra wide curved HD monitors

Are there any kind of rules in this server? Something like auto-ban for intentional teamkillg..

Will the data export to use with TacView be available in the future? Just to understand mistakes and improve and to clearly know the names of voulchers, disconnecters...

Hey Eekz. Could you maybe swap some spitfires for Mustangs? Yesterday me and my friend had a problem joining in, as all Mustangs were taken while 5 Spitfires stood empty.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Will the data export to use with TacView be available in the future? Just to understand mistakes and improve and to clearly know the names of voulchers, disconnecters...

Hi gents,

first of all i would like to say thank you for this nice server. My squad and me have a lot of fun flying there. Maby you could do some changes with the colors when you make new maps or when the normandy map comes out?

I mean since the old IL-2 all WW2 sims have blue for german side and red for allied side. Would be nice to fly under the old colors as it is family to the most of the old WW2 comunity that will change sooner or later do DCS.

regards

Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."

"The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

Hi gents,

first of all i would like to say thank you for this nice server. My squad and me have a lot of fun flying there. Maby you could do some changes with the colors when you make new maps or when the normandy map comes out?

I mean since the old IL-2 all WW2 sims have blue for german side and red for allied side. Would be nice to fly under the old colors as it is family to the most of the old WW2 comunity that will change sooner or later do DCS.

regards

Little_D

Hi. Thanks. Considering that DCS covers Western Front, Blue Allies and Red Axis feels reasonable. We were Il-2 style a year ago or so, but i've changed to what we have now. Il-2 has it's color scheme as original Il-2 game was dedicated to Eastern Front. If we were on Eastern Front with most USSR VVS planes on allies side i would use red for allies for sure.

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook