Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capt Zeen F/A-18C Beta Helios Profile ! ! !

I took everything out and reinstalled following your video instructions step by step, and it works fine now, thanks!

Which video?

Only captzeen video i can find is the one for configuring his profile.

Is there some other video that explains how to create a profile from scratch using the f18 (or other aircraft) interface please?

I tried but cannot get the data from dcs and cannot get ufc and ifei integrated into helios to work. Also i pressed the setup button in helios. but that also did not change anything.

Anyway I tried the captzeen profile and it works correctly so i don’t think its an export problem.

I would like to do my profile just because i have tm mfds and i would like to have a different layout then captzeen

While i am here, i have an issue with the captzeen profile...its a small one but annoying.

I see from all the screenshots here that people have labels on the green buttons (the one used to show lateral panels or the maps) while i only see the green rectangular button.

This is also the case for f16 and tomcat profile that i tried as well. Someone knows what i did wrong and how to fix?

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

this one:

But it just covers his stock panel profile

Yes i followed it to the letter, still i have the issues I reported

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Yes i followed it to the letter, still i have the issues I reported

devi assegnare i tasti...

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

Amazing work Capt Zeen.

I don't use helios anymore but from when I did, I really appreciate the effort and work that you've put into this.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m just wondering if I can grab some help as I’m really really struggling to get the resolution right in game with my 2 monitors. Although Helios displays fine, it connects and shows the steam dials right and the mfd exports work a treat, my issue is the main menu is compressed up on the left side of my main screen and the cockpit view is compressed and only 3/4 across my main screen when I’m flying. As far as I can see my lua is fine, but something has to be wrong somewhere. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas what I’ve done wrong.

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('2_monitors_FA18C');

Description = 'Right, Left, RWR, IFEI, UFC, and AMPCD in right monitor'

--TOTAL DEL VIEWPORT

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 3840;

height = 2160;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect;

}

}

--LEFT

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 4095;

y = 686;

width = 395;

height = 378;

}

--RIGHT

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 5076;

y = 691;

width = 387;

height = 377;

}

-- RWR

F18_RWR =

{

x = 5296;

y = 1199;

width = 200;

height = 210;

}

--AMPCD

CENTER_MFCD =

{

x = 4596;

y = 1181;

width = 368;

height = 356;

}

--IFEI

F18_IFEI =

{

x = 3896;

y = 1247;

width = 601;

height = 209;

}

--UFC

F18_UFC =

{

x = 4538;

y = 493;

width = 496;

height = 323;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

GUI =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 3840;

height = 2160;

}

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

what are the resolutions of your two monitors?

Main one is 3840 x 2160, The touchscreen is 1920 x 1080.

Combined I have the resolution set in DCS at 5760 x 2160

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Did you try alt+ent.. In latest beta i came accross this issue that my screen s compressed to upper left part of screen

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

there is no aspect set in the lua? I've had a look at mine for comparison and thats the primary difference, might be effecting it ?

Yep all my minotorsetup lua's have a line under each unit to set aspect ratio.

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1010;

y = 530;

width = 810;

height = 810;

aspect = 1920/1080;

}

CENTER_MFCD =

{

x = 100;

y = 530;

width = 810;

height = 810;

aspect = 1920/1080;

}

Sorry to ask but you're not running windowed mode are you?

Ok then, good news is I’ve got the resolution and everything displaying and exporting to Helios great.

The bad news is I cannot sort out the fonts on the Ampcd export.

Both are just a thick green mess, regardless of what settings I place into the indicator files.

Ive tried reducing down the thickness to 0.01 and it’s still shows rather thick and blurry.

All other mfds look bloody perfect, my files are as follows

AMPCD_init.lua

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true

shaderLineDefaultThickness = 0.05

shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.05

shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true

MDG_strokes.def.lua

stroke_thickness = 0.4

stroke_fuzziness = 0.2

-- Currently is used for DMC generated fonts black outline

DMC_outline_thickness = stroke_thickness * 0.4

DMC_outline_fuzziness = stroke_fuzziness * 0.2

DMC_stroke_thickness = 0.65

DMC_stroke_fuzziness = 0.42

Edited by Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Changes to CZ's profile

Having nothing of importance to do this weekend, I decided to fix a flaw that I noted in the cockpit of the F18. IMO, the middle MFD should be at eye level and the UFC should be below the middle MFD.

So attached is my revised cockpit that enables me to see the middle MFD at eye level and if I want to view the UFC, I can see it easily in the game cockpit or look down in my cockpit.

This took me about 15 minutes using paint.net.

For some odd reason, my wife did not get as excited as I did about this mod.

1670361879_Myprofile.thumb.jpg.43c035499803cac058326661ccaed235.jpg

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Having nothing of importance to do this weekend, I decided to fix a flaw that I noted in the cockpit of the F18. IMO, the middle MFD should be at eye level and the UFC should be below the middle MFD.

Its a nice layout. Im scratching my head at the moment as the Helios profile I was using earlier for the F-18 no longer exports the UFD, rwr or fuel stuff, only the 3 DDI's, and I have no clue why.

What I'd really like as a stripped down version just showing the AMPCD and R_DDI on the secondary monitor, but with working buttons, but Im not clever enough to delve into all the scripting to get working buttons on a profile.

Sprool

All 3 of your missing items require changes to their init files. See CZs instructions and download.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Sprool

All 3 of your missing items require changes to their init files. See CZs instructions and download.

I downloaded & reinstalled the script files from the FA-18c profile and its all working again now. Just juggling with the rwr lines to get something readable.

I downloaded & reinstalled the script files from the FA-18c profile and its all working again now. Just juggling with the rwr lines to get something readable.

let us know what you use, the rwr is a smudgy mess

Action After Contemplation

shaderLineParamsUpdatable = true

shaderLineDefaultThickness = 0.1 --was 0.8, balance between export blur and readable cockpit

shaderLineDefaultFuzziness = 0.08 --was 0.4, balance between export blur and readable cockpit

shaderLineDrawAsWire = false

shaderLineUseSpecularPass = true

This is not ideal, in-cockpit display still very faint but nice and clear on the export.

thanks, was still a mess with those numbers for me, must be connected to the resolution size. got something works though. ive disabled in cockpit displays and have them on export only

cheers for the nudge

Action After Contemplation

thanks, was still a mess with those numbers for me, must be connected to the resolution size. got something works though. ive disabled in cockpit displays and have them on export only

cheers for the nudge

im trying to find the right tweaks too, im using a 1920x1080 touchscreen, AMPCD is too large of green lines to the point where they are blurry., there is a mod that turns them white

• 3 weeks later...

Needle in Altimeter not showing

I moved the IAS and Altimeter gauges around in CZs profile. Everything is fine with the IAS, but with respect to the Altimeter gauge, the white needle is hidden and does not show thru. The white needle in the IAS does show thru. I cannot seem to find out why one is ok and one is hidden. See attached.

Gauges.thumb.png.743c9ee9645afa3e0ab76a9f282d9b68.png

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else having issues with the readability of the view ports after today's update?