Controls box for Virpil Desk Mount (Arduino)

Well, the UFC provides as many buttons as the radio box + the column. I guess it happens when you are constantly learning and improving. Looking back, I'd have built a single box out of them and replaced the column apart and replace it with the 3rd MFD (the only reason why I don't do that is because I find the F/A-18 almost as boring as the F-16 so, nope, I'd rather keep ).

I also did some math though and if the Harrier didn't have crap luas I could easily run out of buttons. Same as the Hip with NS430.

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of being a home-owner, so I build different things and use whatever better fits in the particular module I'm flying at that time.

tft-new-dcs-bios.jpeg

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

• 3 months later...

I haven't posted recently because there hasn't been many arduino updates (although I'm planning a box for the F-14).

Setup-wise, I have added the 3rd MFD and the 7" display works really well!

IMG_20190108_162833010.jpg

full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"

• 1 month later...

Did some upgrades on my setup, two additional Arduino Leonardo-based new boxes. I'm still waiting for the delivery of the last encoders.

Now, if only Heatblur could provide us some bindings for the knobs in the RIO seat :P

rio-3-partial.jpg?w=809

IMG_20190401_182747802.jpg

The Radar box (left of the UFC) has 121 buttons; the Master Switch doubles the base number and, depending on its status, some 3-way momentary work as 3-way toggles for their in-game equivalent since many buttons bindings are still missin in the RIO seat.

The top "flat" box has 67 buttons at the moment but I still had to add the 4 missing encoders (should be delivered shortly). I didn't add any Master Switch since it would have exceed the HID limit of 128 buttons. I thought about "masking" some buttons as POV but still..

I tested the box with friends and on Hoggit and I'm quite happy about it, makes RIOing much faster and efficient.

full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"

do you have a reference or part number for the pushbuttons and switches? I like how they look.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I bought them Amazon UK (more expensive but the same / following day delivery is great). Have a look there, you might find more info.

full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"

I bought them Amazon UK (more expensive but the same / following day delivery is great). Have a look there, you might find more info.

Appreciated! :thumbup:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

• 1 year later...