The Enemy Within 3.0

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks,

Two updates from my side (nothing new for those who check my Facebook page):

A) Tricker previewed another mission from the upcoming campaign, mission 1, if you are interested please check it out:

I also intend to release this mission as a free demo so you can check what has changed in relation to the old version of Enemy Within, there are quite a few new things there!

B) On my FB Page I have also published a prologue for the Enemy Within novel I started to write and - based on the feedback - will continue and finish (describing all 21 missions as well as lots of additional and background information that will supplement the campaign). If you are interested, here is the link to the document.

Enjoy!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Great start to the new year!

Awesome effort as always BD! You should be congratulated!

And I'm re flying TEW because not only was it a great story driven campaign with dynamic and interesting missions but also because of the beautiful textures and terrain ED has made possible in the Caucuses since then. Apart from all that.. point me to your shop man!

Cheers GA :)

P.S Does not having FB matter at all?

Edited by GazAce
smiley emo didn't work

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

• 2 weeks later...

I'm another one who bought it (on sale) but never got around to playing due to time. Then my focus shifted to the Hornet.

Watching the playthrough videos just now made me realize what I've been missing. Downloaded the demo and will probably buy version 3 at some point.

Would it make sense to forget about installing and playing the old version at this point?

Thanks

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TEW shaping up to be a beauty!

Hey BD, big thanks! I just flew that one, was really cool, a breath of fresh air even and no my canopy wasn't open lol. Was pleasant surprise from the original. Haven't had much experience in formation flying, so I had to focus. Only managed a %75 for my first crack. I'm going to give it another try though. Can't wait for the rest of the campaign, cheers thanks again.

GA thumbup.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Love it, great stuff as always! :thumbup:

A very minor detail:

VO and subtitles say that the Hinds are coming from Sukhumi which would be a pretty long flight for a helo. They are actually from Senaki which makes much more sense. ;)

Gonna get this one when it's out.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Love it, great stuff as always! :thumbup:

A very minor detail:

VO and subtitles say that the Hinds are coming from Sukhumi which would be a pretty long flight for a helo. They are actually from Senaki which makes much more sense. ;)

Gonna get this one when it's out.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Unfortunately not, you have to stick to A-10C.

i ask because, for the "Museum Relic" campaign, i opened each mission i wanted to play in the mission editor and swapped the F-86 for the F-5E and everything played perfectly. it added a lot more hours of fun since you could play through the campaign multiple times with different aircraft.

i wasn't sure if something similar could be done with this campaign. unless, for instance, there were very specific A10C-only triggers that would break the mission if using a different aircraft.

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

You probably can in that case on mission by mission basis, but cannot save it. If you do pay attention to the frequencies as this campaign uses advanced radio system. You might also miss all the comms with your wingman which are on FM freq.

ok cool thanks for the tips! i may give it a try as I really like the AV-8B and they have similar functionality (and im really bad with the A-10C :megalol: )

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules