2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

What exactly does the following refer to?

2.5.6 ... offers powerful new tools capable of CPU load distribution and FPS management when using peripheral hardware

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

What exactly does the following refer to?

2.5.6 ... offers powerful new tools capable of CPU load distribution and FPS management when using peripheral hardware

I would like to know as well - on the cusp of buying a new machine and if throwing more cores helps I need to know.

So im curious as to well that varjo headset actually runs in DCs.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I would like to know as well - on the cusp of buying a new machine and if throwing more cores helps I need to know.

I don’t think yet...hopefully in the near future.

I have a 8 core cpu and can’t see much difference between this release and the previous.

But probably fps are more stable then before.

Hopefully we will see more improvements in the future especially for VR

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I don’t think yet...hopefully in the near future.

I have a 8 core cpu and can’t see much difference between this release and the previous.

But probably fps are more stable then before.

Hopefully we will see more improvements in the future especially for VR

I'm not sure what to make of your comment. In the latest newsletter it states:

DCS World 2.5.6 represents one of the biggest updates since the launch of DCS World 2.5 and offers powerful new tools capable of CPU load distribution and FPS management when using peripheral hardware. Many of the improvements in this update are thanks to your feedback and requests, we can’t wait to hear what you think.
This is not about future plans, it refers to 2.5.6 stable which is out now.

It would be helpful if someone could the explain what the above refers to, as it's not clear to me. What are these "powerful new tools"?

newsletter.thumb.JPG.3c7fab66c8027a8031d3299f71c03311.JPG

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

It would be helpful if someone could the explain what the above refers to, as it's not clear to me. What are these "powerful new tools"?

If I'd have to make a guess, it's about potential stutters caused by USB flight controls.

Remember the recommendation (I think by SkateZilla, if memory serves me - which it rarely does) to add the line "no_device_hotplug = true" to your autoexec.cfg as a potential fix for stutters? I think it might be related to that... Just my 2cp...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

1944 WWII Backer access to P-47

Been waiting for this A/C for quite awhile. Still can't select it yet?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Been waiting for this A/C for quite awhile. Still can't select it yet?

I was able to buy it in the online store while I wait for the update to download. About bloody time ED gave me something else to spend money on. I was missing that great big sucking sound you hear when you play free games... :thumbup::joystick:

• 2 weeks later...

Love the way DCS is talking up the AV-8 on the newsletter. To make this truly viable, you need to fix the fact that the AI cant land on the Tarawa. That needs to be fixed ASAP. You can see LSO messages on the Tarawa but they do not land correctly. Its a mess.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

And once again no single word about Huey Multi-Crew. It´s been mentioned around Kates Road map along with a little sneak peek and a release window of May. Since we passed that timeframe...dead silence. I know that it is still being worked on. But that's the case also for other stuff which is regularly mentioned in updates and newsletters as well. I don't expect to have a fixed release date, I know that this is not possible. I just want to have some signs of life, what's the progress, whats the difficulties...these are things mentioned for other things too, why not Huey Multi-Crew? Is it so hard to give us Rotor guys some info?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Hopefully is the Syria map VR optimized and not like the Channel map. Thanks :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Hopefully is the Syria map VR optimized and not like the Channel map. Thanks :D

What do you expect? It's been out since just a few days. Lets talk about VR performance once it's fully released.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I have a question about the Siria map : is it entirely with sand, rock, like the Persian Gulf map ?

With Google Earth, I tried to have a better idea. On the North West of Siria, somewhere between Lataka-Homs-Al Qusayr -Tartus-Hamah, there are some hills, green fields, etc

Could anyone with more experience, give some details, please ?

I would be really disappointed to have another " sand rock map "

Thank you

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I have a question about the Siria map : is it entirely with sand, rock, like the Persian Gulf map ?

With Google Earth, I tried to have a better idea. On the North West of Siria, somewhere between Lataka-Homs-Al Qusayr -Tartus-Hamah, there are some hills, green fields, etc

Could anyone with more experience, give some details, please ?

I would be really disappointed to have another " sand rock map "

Thank you

Large parts of it should have mediterranean climate, so it's definitely not only sand and rocks. For the coastal regions, think greek islands like the one featured in a well known military sandbox shooter...

Going further east, you'll eventually end up with quite a lot of sand and stones, but topography should still be different from Persian Gulf...

Thanks, twistking

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

All the talk about a new map being VR optimized not yet when the whole sim isn't even icon_redface.gif

Well, I look forward to the new map as I've been waiting for that one for a while now and it's been utterly silent lately - glad to have some news finally. Then we just need some planes like the Phantom and Flogger and it's gonna be awesome! 01-rainbowkiss.png

And PG isn't just sand rock... it's Dune. He who controls the Spice... dealwithit.png

I still wonder though why the newsletter has that part about the Harrier... it's neither new nor is it going to be completed / out of Early Access anytime soon twi-notbad.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

What's happened to the S-200 / SA-5 by the way? The 3d-model appeared to be finished many month ago, but we haven't heard anything since...

Completely normal.

Same happened to the Scud, SA-2, A-20 and other assets.

Development screenshot and then some long silence.

All the talk about a new map being VR optimized not yet when the whole sim isn't even icon_redface.gif

Well, I look forward to the new map as I've been waiting for that one for a while now and it's been utterly silent lately - glad to have some news finally. Then we just need some planes like the Phantom and Flogger and it's gonna be awesome! 01-rainbowkiss.png

And PG isn't just sand rock... it's Dune. He who controls the Spice... dealwithit.png

I still wonder though why the newsletter has that part about the Harrier... it's neither new nor is it going to be completed / out of Early Access anytime soon twi-notbad.png

I also don't understand what Harrier is doing in the newsletter. :dunno:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,