MW 50 not working

In il2 you had 100+ planes. People in DCS know that if you get a model, it is going to be the only one. So if you get a really underpowered plane for the matchup, it will be frustrating every time. Unless it is historically justified (109F vs i16, A6M5 vs F4U1D etc) it is going to feel unfair.

There is more to the Spitfire than just raw speed. It will outturn every plane from our matchup in seconds. But I think that Spit IXe would fit a bit more.

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

I personally think the mkix will be just fine. And VEAO are doing a mkxiv so that will balance things out some what.

Which was most of my point, only the IX is first. I think when people think Spitfire they think of the IX first anyway, which is probably why ED is doing it first.

@Ala13_ManOWar & @rel4y Sure the IX will be just fine performance wise as we will get a turn fighter to mix up styles a bit. For me, though, it just fits in as a mid-war, not late-war plane.

The ED offerings so far are all late war planes. VEAO hopefully will finish the XIV, they are working on quite a few other planes so I doubt we will see it for a long time yet. Bearcat will probably be earlier.

On the F verses the G on the 109, the late F's had similar performance to the G series, so it also would be able to mix well with a mid-war release (just like a IX spit would mix well with late war in performance), whereas the B-D models would fit in with the early war stable of planes and just wouldn't have the performance unless the pilots where not anywhere near equal skill.