FC3 sale, VoiceAttack

FuzzyFassbender

Hey pilots, newbie to DCS, just trying to come up to speed but very impressed with DCS World! Question and question/comment...

I'm fine with the free content until I get to know the ins/outs of DCS World but wondering if anyone has a comment on the purchase of Flaming Cliffs 3. I surely will purchase at some point but doesn't make much sense to buy now as the Su-27T suits me during my learning phase. How often does FC3 go on sale and what price have you seen it go for?

Also, how many are using VoiceAttack? This for me is a savior, my progress has been hampered by learning so many commands and related key combos. I had purchased VoiceAttack (best $8 I've ever spent!) for my racing sims many months ago but didn't find it very useful, but for a flight sim it's gold! Very easy for me to remember "Gear down", "Dragging chut", "Reset Warning", etc. but remembering the keys to trigger, and having to take my eyes off the screen, has been an issue. VoiceAttack is very responsive and accurate, even when I've had a few brews :music_whistling:

I think the next time it will go on sale in summer, but you can also buy it in any (web)store or through ebay as DVD version. It doesn't matter how old the version on DVD is, you just need the key and then you download the current version anyway.

There could be a steam spring sale sometime in the next month, no guarantees but it's possible. If that happens then FC3 would probably be ~30-40% off and you can use the steam key in the stand alone version.

Millenix | 68th Virtual Fighter Squadron

AV8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | Mig-21bis | P-51D | Spitfire Mk IX | Bf-109 | M-2000C | A-10C | U1-H1 | Ka-50 | FC3

Interesting. Voice Attack sounds like something that should be looked at for actual jets.

Although it could cause serious issues if in a discussion you just say "I had my GEAR DOWN" and the software executes the command at angels 20 at high speeds.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Just buy FC3 right away, no need to wait for the sale. With a bunch of fighters and strikers in one package $40 is pretty cheap IMHO, trust me its worth it. AFAIK, MiG-29 & Su-33 will have PFM relatively soon enough.

Cheers

Gam Zeh Ya'avor - King Salomon

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Interesting. Voice Attack sounds like something that should be looked at for actual jets.

Although it could cause serious issues if in a discussion you just say "I had my GEAR DOWN" and the software executes the command at angels 20 at high speeds.

Already there for some time now.....

https://www.eurofighter.com/news-and-events/2008/05/direct-voice-input-technology

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

In my Voice Attack Profile for War Thunder I prefixed all the commands with Arty (RT) so I couldn't accidentally trigger commands. e.g. "Arty Angels 10"

PTT can also help :smilewink:

I'm using VIACOM profiles for DCS and I haven't added many of my own commands so far.

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro