Crash on mission load/fly

effte

Hello,

I've been staying away from the P-51 for a while. Now when I decided to take it up for a spin, I get to the mission briefing with the 3D world running in the background, looking around with TIR etc - everything is great. Until I hit 'pause/break' or 'fly' and unpause the simulation. At that point, the simulation crashes and drops me back to the GUI - every time.

I've removed and reinstalled the module from a fresh download. I've ditched all my old control mappings. No change.

Probably something well known, but I can't seem to find anything on it.

64-bit windows, plenty of RAM, all other modules work fine. Built-in missions, generated missions, own missions old and new - same thing.

Cheers,

/Fred

DCS Repair (which didn't do anything, according to the log), cleaning out the export statements, cleaning up among the config files... something did it. Going to have to try to backtrack here to isolate just what the issue was. Prime suspect would be the exports. If I figure it out, I'll update the thread.

Rgds,

/Fred

Direct X updated? sounds liek a graphic over load. Is your graphic card updated as well? Also fiddle with your settings, Make sure "cockpit resolutions perframe" (somethin like that) isnt too high. if all else failes, Run with everything off, Min resultion graphics all to lowest.

DCS Repair (which didn't do anything, according to the log), cleaning out the export statements, cleaning up among the config files... something did it. Going to have to try to backtrack here to isolate just what the issue was. Prime suspect would be the exports. If I figure it out, I'll update the thread.

Rgds,

/Fred

Had something similiar some months ago, it was only the P-51D and only when I was directly put into the cockpit.

If there were multiple planes to choose from, then it worked. I fainlty remember it were indeed some export statements, maybe from helios. I'm not really sure.