Mi-8MTV2 in 1.2.6

As I said a few times in the past, I'll hold until multiplayable positions have been implemented. Until then no multiseat aircraft, Its kinda a big deal for me as I solely play multiplayer. However Mi-8 may get special consideration -

Is the fixed weapon positions completely controlled by the pilot or does the co-pilot have a part in with the main armament ? (In a real world situation)

&

Do any multiplayer missions have a use for a non-combat aircraft yet ? Example: any interaction to ground troops been implemented yet or logistic type missions ? Been out of the game for a bit so I'm amiss with the upkeep of dev information.

There are some that use the Huey as troop transport and CAS role, but transporting troops is somewhat 'clunky' as it is not yet a true feature of DCSW

"If the MWS didn't see it, it didn't happen"

I shall wait for the Holiday sale preceding Russian Christmas.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Can't wait who's with me on buying on the day its released?

No matter of "Happy hour" promotions, when i want to buy i buy, and generaly "realease day" is a good time for me to buy :doh: I know i'm crazy, but i work hard enough to not delay my pleasure and support guys who give me pleasure... :thumbup:

• Like 1

(...)

Do any multiplayer missions have a use for a non-combat aircraft yet ? Example: any interaction to ground troops been implemented yet or logistic type missions ? Been out of the game for a bit so I'm amiss with the upkeep of dev information.

Yes, there are some missions using cool LUA scripts (MIST2.0 etc.) to create highly dynamic CSAR and Troop insertion/extraction and Helicopter CAS...

Look for "The Helicopter War" or "Tootall GA and SAR flights"

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Have Ka-50 and the Huey, not interested in any more helicopters unless its a Cobra or Apache.

Edited by Lucky
typo
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

I'll be buying on release day. I want to support the people who create such fantastic products. If everyone were to wait till the sales do you think companies will keep making the software we all so desire. I know everyone's circumstances differ, which is cool.

I also love the beta release strategy, especially when the quality is still very high. For the people complaining about the betas, then don't buy them. My head would explode if I was still waiting for the Huey to be released. I'm instead enjoying this fantastic sim right now.

Have KA-50 and the Huey, not interested in any more helicopters unless its a Cobra or Apache.

While I am with you in wanting a Cobra or Apache, I am a huge helicopter fan and will buy every rotary wing that ED or 3rd parties can throw in my direction!

Bring on the MI-8... And the Cobra and the Apache, and the Tiger, the Lakota the.... the...

Whew.. I need to sit down, I think...

:megalol:

• Like 1

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

And please DCS, for god sakes !

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/43/IAF_Mi-8.JPEG

Notice the rotor disc, at neutral cyclic input is canted forward a little bit !!!

Please don't make the same mistake like the Huey, where it is ridiculously canted backward instead of forward... No helicopters on earth have their rotor canted backward like this, at worst it is straight, but never back ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/39/SA_330_Puma_helicopters_after_completing_a_mission_during_Operation_Desert_Shield.JPEG

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/icholakov/icholakov1008/icholakov100800030/7504290-us-navy-helicopter-stopever-on-the-ground.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_w1Te9kELSl8/ScQPtWIfidI/AAAAAAAACnM/R8_3njKL84A/s400/S-92.jpg

This to ensure enough clearance with tail rotor and tail boom... and offer a not too " nose down " attitude while in cruise flight

And I still keep hopes for the final Huey version that you move the rotor mast some degrees forward ( actually, it is straight vertical in real life, not backward... and no, it is not due to the skids dampening on ground ... )

Thanks !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/43/IAF_Mi-8.JPEG

Notice the rotor disc, at neutral cyclic input is canted forward a little bit !!!

Please don't make the same mistake like the Huey, where it is ridiculously canted backward instead of forward... No helicopters on earth have their rotor canted backward like this, at worst it is straight, but never back ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/39/SA_330_Puma_helicopters_after_completing_a_mission_during_Operation_Desert_Shield.JPEG

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/icholakov/icholakov1008/icholakov100800030/7504290-us-navy-helicopter-stopever-on-the-ground.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_w1Te9kELSl8/ScQPtWIfidI/AAAAAAAACnM/R8_3njKL84A/s400/S-92.jpg

This to ensure enough clearance with tail rotor and tail boom... and offer a not too " nose down " attitude while in cruise flight

And I still keep hopes for the final Huey version that you move the rotor mast some degrees forward ( actually, it is straight vertical in real life, not backward... and no, it is not due to the skids dampening on ground ... )

Thanks !

You are aware that all of the photos were of helos taxiing, right?

"If the MWS didn't see it, it didn't happen"

...Notice the rotor disc, at neutral cyclic input is canted forward a little bit !!!

Are you a helicopter pilot in real life? If so, and you know how rotor disc suppose to be, then it's OK.

Or, these photos seem normal to me, as Rammit said, they are taxiing.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Please, not again this stuff.

Yes, a main rotor mast is tilted forward on pretty much any helicopter.

Though when the helicopter is on the ground, rotor stopped or turning.

Things may look different.

Please just keep in mind that the rotor mast is tilted forward in relation to the helicopters waterline.

Which itself may well be titled backward when the helicopter is standing on the ground.

No way of knowing without consulting the manual.

And agree whit Alpha 1 6 here, controls are only at neutral whit rigging pins in.

And even then there can be exemptions.

Besides that, controls "neutral" could very well result in an control input, its just an reference from the manufacturer for when work is done on the flight control system.

And as such, is unique to every helicopter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

*cough*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR62ii_m_IYatIGT9faoYy7dkSRYY4pXgNe2be34J967idzziX5

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCMH75WEgA0LLHnxJcKAtbxdTjDeUQp_isa49X5Xbzbl4iWvC9

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS234YV2VbqWa8NV83c6wCT72CqURX1iWewwDsWUBL8KQzDzf1gaw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8ycB4BOphEhpj3mCwTKGiYRtdMO3xG-sJeKLPMkMmEA8SvM-8

:music_whistling:

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Don't confuse the rotor shaft being angled forward for forward cyclic input. The UH60 has a 3 degree forward tilt to the shaft/head, Most helicopters have something similar. Additionally, while in ground taxi forward cyclic is applied which causes the blades to raise in the back and lower in the front.

The UH1 has a semi-rigid rotor system that allows the blades to "sea-saw", there is nothing wrong with the helicopter in the sim.

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Ok, will try to answer each posts

Are you a helicopter pilot in real life? If so, and you know how rotor disc suppose to be, then it's OK.

No, I am not yet, but will attempt army heli pilot selection soon, already PPL(A) and learning on helicopters for years, have already two logged hours on R44 and Bell 47. I obviously see that Mil is taxiing. You can spend time to find any pictures on the web etc, of the plane shut down, and you will notice the main mast has some forward degrees orientation, this is how helicopter are built in real world, that's all

*cough*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR62ii_m_IYatIGT9faoYy7dkSRYY4pXgNe2be34J967idzziX5

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCMH75WEgA0LLHnxJcKAtbxdTjDeUQp_isa49X5Xbzbl4iWvC9

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS234YV2VbqWa8NV83c6wCT72CqURX1iWewwDsWUBL8KQzDzf1gaw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8ycB4BOphEhpj3mCwTKGiYRtdMO3xG-sJeKLPMkMmEA8SvM-8

music_whistling.gif

This is absolutely inaccurate, as the Huey rotorhead is a semi-rigid see/saw type, meaning there is a bearing in the hub that allow the whole hub/spindle shafts/blade grips assembly to freely rotate around that bearing, from around +10°/-10°!... this also explaining the possibility of mast bumping.

As you may see, all these Hueys are grounded, the rotor is put in almost it's rearmost position for the ground crew can " lock " the rotor ( tie the blade down ) to avoid them to flap with wind and such and so damage the mast ( like a " light " mast bumping ). Some operators also tie them in the forward position, it is just a matter of choice :

v94q.jpg

hrbq.jpg

11s2.jpg

Ok so this has nothing to do, the rotor mast could be tilted 5° backward and you also could be able to place the rotor in that forward position.

Please, not again this stuff.

Please just keep in mind that the rotor mast is tilted forward in relation to the helicopters waterline.

Which itself may well be titled backward when the helicopter is standing on the ground.

No way of knowing without consulting the manual.

And agree whit Alpha 1 6 here, controls are only at neutral whit rigging pins in.

Besides that, controls "neutral" could very well result in an control input, its just an reference from the manufacturer for when work is done on the flight control system.

It isn't written in the manual, just because the main mast got an absolute Zero vertical orientation, perfectly perpendicular to the Helicopter 0° pitch attitude.

You still disagree ?

Okay, here is a picture I myself took in a 205 here in south France, flying for the Pompiers du Var ...

snpt.jpg

If you can't see that the rotor mast isn't 90° to the helicopter lines ( based on the skids ), well, then there is a problem. And no, it is not because the high skids configuration, they are exactly the same orientation as the low skid ones.

Now, look how things are in actual DCS model :

ch6b.jpg

And even in the 3-view of their model, it not hidden at all that main mast is some degrees backward, and so cyclic at neutral produce a small back rotor disc tilting...

p76x.jpg

I have hard times understanding while all of you nice guys don't want to accept the real mast isn't straight ! I'm the first to say Belsimtek module is really a masterpiece of computer engineering, modeling, coding and texturing ! But saying all is perfect because you are so happy to be able to make a hover on their hard heli isn't a reason for saying it is perfect, this is UN-professional behavior and this sim ( DCS ) should considered as a professional tool now, not a Level D sim but much more than FSX games etc, the degree of realism in flight dynamics helped me alot when I got my hands on a real machine, as well as X-Plane advanced flight dynamics.

We paid 50 USD for the Beta, I think I am in the right to ask that to be FIXED for final, as well as you guys ask for the starter button and shutdown procedures to be done correctly, others ask for Radar alt, more weapon choice, Slick versions etc etc ...

Here, I'm criticizing a graphical thing, that shouldn't be hard to change for the final version, but I just don't understand why you still saying this is UN-true as I brought you all the proofs possible

OKAY , now I consider the matter closed regarding the Huey, if they don't want to correct that flaw, this is their problem but don't tell me please that what I'm saying is false. While I strongly hope they will fix that problem for final, as for a paid Beta, they should be listening a lot the customer feedback..

I just made the post to ask them not to do the same error in their upcoming M-8... no helicopters have their rotor discs canted backward just around neutral cyclic...

And now, this is how the Mi-8 rotor disc should look on ground, perfectly neutral ( rotor disc parallel to ground, not backward nor forward )

2c88.jpg

And in a slight forward cyclic input for taxiing

n1kv.jpg

Thanks for having reading me,

Hueyman

Edited by Hueyman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

• ED Team

Thanks !

the slope of the main rotor disc at the taxi and cyclic neutral (see screens).

...And I'm totally agree with

280076501_theslope_atthetaxi.thumb.jpg.acb93c41831cd207a8aece51be28b6de.jpg

962845067_cyclicneutral.thumb.jpg.2661a75b8388757ddb46684cf0e4dd13.jpg

1414089465_theslope_atthetaxi_In.thumb.jpg.da9779583a920b67e08337e031e31279.jpg

554285748_cyclicneutral_In.thumb.jpg.ea7173e193286d341b72cdc26b938fd1.jpg

Edited by PilotMi8