Was it really necessary to update the pilot?

monkie

Nothing wrong with the old one, did we really need a new one?

And the older helmet looked better IMHO.

Sorry I put a lot of time into tweaking the textures on the old helmet and it really rubs me the wrong way that it was decided that this was worth the effort and time to make changes to.

Very frustrating to many every time we come back to an update after a few months we have to spend hours trying to sort through new textures to fix what the fixes un-fixed.

Yes I know it's alpha, or beta or whatever, but that doesn't mean anything anymore, nothing is ever finished and everything is a pre-release forever.

I'll go away now.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Would it be possible to show ALL LUA files that pertain to the new pilot model and helmet?

I'm trying desperately to change the helmet back to look like the old HGU and I'm getting a black stripe on the top.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

This has happened to the F-86, the Huey and now the harrier, the LUA changes and it completely screws up the older skins. That isn't the problem so much as nobody explains the changes in the LUA and how to fix them.

If you change the LUA at least put out a description of the new changes so us skinners can have an easier time fixing what we already put hours of effort into.

This has happened to the F-86, the Huey and now the harrier, the LUA changes and it completely screws up the older skins. That isn't the problem so much as nobody explains the changes in the LUA and how to fix them.

If you change the LUA at least put out a description of the new changes so us skinners can have an easier time fixing what we already put hours of effort into.

Next time try the search function !

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=231969

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

You assumed that I didn't search, well I did and there is nothing in that thread that explains the LUA entries specifically for these texture files.

Pilot_AV8B_hgu68

pilot_AV8B_gear

If your making your own skin, it will go in that folder. If you want to add a decal to every Harrier skin in your install, place it in the CoreMods\aircraft\AV8BNA\Textures

as for the {"pilot_AV8B_helmet", DECAL ,"Pilot_AV8B_hgu68_decal",false};

That is for your custom description.lua, If you want to add the decal to all harriers just do the above step and ignore this one

That mentions Lua?

He knows what I was asking for, and I'm not here to start a war, it's my opinion that the old helmet looked great and I even complimented it in another thread. They can do whatever they want, skin it however, my opinion is just that and it means nothing but it's still frustrating to have one of the things I liked the most about this plane changed.

For anybody else that might decide to work with them in the future, here they are so as to not waste your time.

{"pilot_AV8B_helmet", 0 ,"Pilot_AV8B_hgu68",false};

{"pilot_AV8B_body", 0 ,"pilot_AV8B",false};

Edited by monkie

So I can find anything I want using the search function on this forum?

How would one frame the search for the answer to OP's question on the search page? Just curious because I rarely find what I'm looking for using the search function on this forum.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]