Accidentally deleted unit templates - help

tsb47

Hey peeps,

I accidentally deleted by unit templates in the mission editor (I think, using the little '-' button next to the template names, thinking this was just iterating to the next template).

How can I get them back?

I tried downloading the 'realistic' template from here and putting the template.lua file in my /USERNAME/Saved Games/DCS/Mission Editor/ but no joy. Those templates are not showing in DCS.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

tsb47

Edited by tsb47
removed CODE tags

Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit | i7-4790K@4GHz | 8GB RAM | GTX970 347.52

Hey tsb; as rockrend suggests that should restore the default templates. If you wish to incorporate the realistic templates they are packaged and a .miz file. Simply open the file in the editor, select the group, click the template icon and there should be a button to create a new template from that group.

You can also delete the Mission Editor folder in the dcs install and do a repair...

Please don't ask how I know this...:music_whistling::music_whistling::music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 8 months later...

Thanks guys, long time ago I crashed some of my templates.

This topic brings light into darkness! :thumbup:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1