An F-15C Veteran says thanks

Thanks to all associated with the Red Flag DLC! A great job done by all concerned on this endeavor. As a Dedicated Crew Chief on F-15C's from '91 till '95 in the 58th FS I saw a lot of Red Flag over that span of time. As the premier Air-to-Air unit in the USAF, when it wasn't deployed it was always invited to whatever Red Flag scenarios were happening during that time. These DCS scenarios definitely give you a taste of what it was like on the ramp during those launches. If you're taxiing on time you're not at a Red Flag launch...:smilewink:. I'm only a little ways into the campaign but loved what I saw from the first scenario. Good to see that later scenarios incorporate the older airframes...was hoping to see them sometime in the campaign. Maybe we can come up with a 'retro' campaign with some of the older airframes in the sim. Would like to see some of the old F-4G's running the Iron Hand mission, MiG-21's and more MiG-23/25...etc...

• Like 1

Windows 8

Intel core i7

64-Bit

4GB RAM

NVidia Geforce GTS 860M

2 monitors

• 2 weeks later...

patch/scenario weirdness

Just finished the scenario 6 and was having some trouble with MiG-23's seemingly spawning in my back pocket. Bad enough that it made me go back and re-accomplish scenario 5. After the 2.0.2 update I was re-accomplishing the scenario 6 for about the 5th time and noticed that my wingmen did not taxi with me and it also was holding up the last wild weasel flight of F-16's as well, all 7 of them sat on the taxiway the whole time. It turned out to be my successful mission (finally!!) ...weird. Anybody else see some scenario weirdness with the last patch? Might have enough time tonight to try a wack at scenario 7...

Windows 8

Intel core i7

64-Bit

4GB RAM

NVidia Geforce GTS 860M

2 monitors

Unfortunately I completed the campaign before 2.0.2 went live. Taxi problem never happened (although I always wait for ATC permission).

If you are complaining on surprise spawn of MiG-23, wait for Mission 10 :-)

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can't really complain about getting into a BFM fight with a Mig-23...it's still fun. I will generally wait until given permission but I think that day was a bit short on time so that may have contributed to the taxi-fubar-ness of that particular scenario. The thing with MiG-23's is that they run at you and get into your chili with an awful quickness. That last scenario was good because I snuck up behind two foxbats...

Windows 8

Intel core i7

64-Bit

4GB RAM

NVidia Geforce GTS 860M

2 monitors

J Sasser rings a bell but that's probably a bit "before-my-time". Can't place a face with it though...pilots or maintenance? Man, talk about another lifetime ago...

I could probably throw out a bunch names but I'm sure I'd rather not on an open forum like this

Windows 8

Intel core i7

64-Bit

4GB RAM

NVidia Geforce GTS 860M

2 monitors

• 7 months later...

FYI....

The wignmen not following.... Seems like this happens sometimes when you don't call out for startup permission and taxi....

It has happened to me 1x= and that is what I didn't do. Perhaps the flight is waiting for permission???? Ads the leader never asked for it?

• 2 years later...

IRL Briefings were only PDF's or paper ? Without the posibility of pilots for making questions?

I get that a real briefing is not posible in the game, but since we have worst briefing, they could give some more voice overs with hints/reminders, about exclusion zones, WP5 being the bullseye, etc ...

Misions are nice, but reading the briefing is boring, and it's not as clear as a real briefing, and failining the missions because you missed some detail in the PDF sucks