BF 109 k4 weapons update?

And finaly, i've read this book in the F/G variant and I was wrong. 200 rounds was not the standard dotation for the axial MG-151/20 for every 109 variants. Some variant only have 150 rounds of those 20mm cartridges. But it's what this book says, I don't think it is the truth, but it's still a source of documentation.

What's the title of this book? I'd like to get my hands on it. Currently reading "Aces of the Luftwaffe" and the insight into tactics is pretty incredible.

Every 109 with a central 151, be it /15 or /20 had 200 round capacity for the ammo, no exceptions.

That being said, armorers sometimes loaded less (130-150/170, depending on individual taste) as a practice to reduce belt tension and possible feeding failures. Its not a particular German thing, British armorers did the same and often loaded just 90 rounds into the nominally 120 round Hispano belts on the Spitfire. And the practice still continues today, its quite usal for example for modern assault rifles to load a couple of rounds less, ie. 28 instead of the 30 allowed by the magazine.

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

What's the title of this book? I'd like to get my hands on it. Currently reading "Aces of the Luftwaffe" and the insight into tactics is pretty incredible.

My book is in french, and maybe not the best documentation sources.

''Les Chasseurs Allemands tome 1 : Le Messerschmitt Bf-109.''

Written by Dominique BREFFORT and with André JOUINEAU's profiles.

Yes i understand what you're saying Kurfürst, but it's wierd for a book to say in technical characteristics of a 109 ''150 rounds'' for a MG-151/20. Sources are so confusing !