Crashes on Everything.

Tricky91

Hello everyone!

Well, I just bought DCS: P-51D last week Friday. Was excited to see that someone is making a great Combat simulator. And for 9.99 it was a steal. Used the torrent and downloaded DSC World then the P-51D module. Installed fine, let it update/install the DirectX and VisualC. Fired up DSC World, setup my settings clicked training and waited for it to load. Crashed. Hmm tired again same thing. Hopped over here to the forums quick look around. Went back into DSC World put all the video settings Lowest. And same it crashed again. Searched the forums again. But found nothing to fix the crash.

I will give you a run down of what I have done already,

-Fresh install DirectX, and Visual C from both windows site AND from the ones that come with DSC World.

-Deleted and reinstalled DSC World and the P-51D module.

-Re-downloaded the P-51D module 2 times. Installed, still crashed.

-Re-downloaded DSC World reinstalled it and P-51D module.

-Still crashed.... Did the 32bit 3gb hack. Still crashing.

I am very disappointed that I can't get what looks like a awesome combat simulator to work. My PC is a decent PC. Runs many many new games great and no problems.

Pentium D (dual core) 3.0Ghz 4.0GBRAM(3.5 usable)

Nvidia GT 440 1GB DDR3

Windows 8 Pro 32bit.

Crash logs:

Faulting application name: dcs.exe, version: 1.2.3.10201, time stamp: 0x513eb744

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x8bdd5882

Faulting process id: 0xe40

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce3146f9a2e24b

Faulting application path: E:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\dcs.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 39cfacd4-9d3a-11e2-afb1-001320d3db3d

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Faulting application name: dcs.exe, version: 1.2.3.10201, time stamp: 0x513eb744

Faulting module name: lua-crypt.dll, version: 1.2.3.10201, time stamp: 0x5137872e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00004e55

Faulting process id: 0xe40

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce3146f9a2e24b

Faulting application path: E:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\dcs.exe

Faulting module path: E:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\lua-crypt.dll

Report Id: 38531298-9d3a-11e2-afb1-001320d3db3d

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I can not start up DSC Protect or P51 Protect. Windows has some error with it. I am not sure how to get the crash logs from the game if someone could tell me.

Thanks guys in advance. If there is anything else you need to know ask me.

Hope to be playing this soon! P.S -- Crashes on every thing Training, Quick Mission, Multiplayer crashes on load.

Is that a laptop?

I don't know about your crashes, but your OS is already approaching obsolescence (you were scammed with the 32bit win8). DCS is going 64-bit only in the next release.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

No it is a Desktop PC. It is one of the first Dual core CPU. And yea lucky my CPU has 64bit. But the reason I am running 32bit is cause my old PC didn't..

I understand that 32bit is very limiting. But will there be any support for the 32bit? Or will they kinda just dump us?

So you guys are saying its cause I am running 32bit is the reason its not working? Even though they have a 32bit build?

No, I think what everyone is gently telling you is that spending the time and effort to troubleshoot an issue on the 32-bit version may not be the best way to spend your effort since it has a very limited lifespan..

I personally would recommend updating to WIN7 64-bit and take it from there.. REGARDLESS of what you decide to do, do make certain to load the latest and greatest sound and video drivers for your hardware as I have found outdated drivers are OFTEN a cause of pain...

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Didn't mean for it to sound rude or mean sorry.

I will go ahead and do a fresh install of Video and sound card drivers and see what happens.

I would upgrade to Windows 8 64bit and not go back a OS system. Just my personal opinion. I have used Win 7 and Vista. Vista was horrible. Win 7 is great as much as Windows 8 is.

Didn't mean for it to sound rude or mean sorry.

I will go ahead and do a fresh install of Video and sound card drivers and see what happens.

I would upgrade to Windows 8 64bit and not go back a OS system. Just my personal opinion. I have used Win 7 and Vista. Vista was horrible. Win 7 is great as much as Windows 8 is.

No, I didn't think you were rude at all, and I am just giving my opinion...

I suggested WIN7 because it is a known quantity and I personally like WIN7 much better than 8.... There is a lot of tablet oriented crap in WIN8 that takes up space and makes things difficult for every day use on a desktop... Nothing wrong with WIN8. (Also, I figured since you had an older machine I assumed that you would want to save some cash so I *THINK* WIn7 should be a little cheaper to purchase but I am not certain of this..)

I have run DCS on both and had zero issues on either platform...

Also recommend NOT trying to UPGRADE.. A lot of issues when trying to upgrade so I always run a fresh new install...

(Try the latest drivers for your existing rig and see if that works for you first.)

Good Luck!

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Alright,

I downloaded and did a Clean install of my drivers. Still no go. Same errors as before. It makes those 2 errors at the same time. And yeah when I said upgrade I mean clean install lol. I clean/fresh install everything.

I am planning on in the future building a new rig again. And of course will be getting 64bit. Really kinda sad for me because I had my hopes up of playing this!

I feel now like it is money wasted. But only 9.99 not much of a biggy. But would be nice that there would be something like BIG RED TEXT on the module and DSC World page telling you about the whole 64bit only thing.

Tricky91, I did a quick google search of your specs, and if im correct, it is compatible with x64. This may be a bit overkill, but maybe a dual-boot is an option?

With that said, I know nothing about windows 8!

But in windows 7 it gives you an option to install x86 or x64.

Maybe partitioning off a little HD space for an x64 OS will enable you play the sim until you find a better solution?

I suggested WIN7 because it is a known quantity

QFT

Windows 8 = Windows Vista = Windows 2000

Remember, every other Microsoft OS is good. The ones in between are terrible.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/microsoft-to-stop-linux-older-windows-from-running-on-windows-8-pcs/9589

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Tricky91, I did a quick google search of your specs, and if im correct, it is compatible with x64. This may be a bit overkill, but maybe a dual-boot is an option?

With that said, I know nothing about windows 8!

But in windows 7 it gives you an option to install x86 or x64.

Maybe partitioning off a little HD space for an x64 OS will enable you play the sim until you find a better solution?

Unfortunately my Windows 8 Pro was a promotion from Microsoft online. Huge discount making it dirt cheap and only a 32bit or 64bit. And at the time I only had a 32bit compatible PC. Yes this one has 64bit support just have to buy a new copy of Windows wither it be 7 or 8.

Windows 8 is simply Windows 7 with many useless features for gamers and people with out touch screens. Simple as removing/disabling them and you and a nice light weight OS.

I would really love to get this fixed so I can at least play it for awhile.

What was your 32-bit only PC?