No news

grafspee

Same. WWII is still a half-heartedly tapped field in DCS. I wish there was a third party that would work on some WWII craft. That's why I supported VEAO for so long. But now...

WWII is still an empty field. I can only hope that the rate of progress increases in the future.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think a couple newsletters ago there were WWII stuff news, so not that long ago, about two weeks ago, plus Wags' interview and such things. I would like content to come quicker, but it's definitely on the move.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Imagine if ED solely did a WW2 sim.I knew when they first came out with WW2 plane that it was gonna be like this.I was kinda hoping they didn't to be honest cause now I am torn between 3 sims.WOFF for immersion,IL2 for just ease of jumping in cockpit and fighting enemy planes and DCS for the P51 which just feels so real to me.

Its sad fact of simmers and will never be fixed or maybe when I die. :(

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

Imagine if ED solely did a WW2 sim.I knew when they first came out with WW2 plane that it was gonna be like this.I was kinda hoping they didn't to be honest cause now I am torn between 3 sims.WOFF for immersion,IL2 for just ease of jumping in cockpit and fighting enemy planes and DCS for the P51 which just feels so real to me.

Its sad fact of simmers and will never be fixed or maybe when I die. :(

Not just the Mustang, the Spitfire too!

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spitfire feels real?
Tbh I don't know about real, I'm not in VR. But it's just...without words. It's wonderful. The flight model feels on-par with the P-51. If you don't have it, GET IT. You won't regret it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think a couple newsletters ago there were WWII stuff news, so not that long ago, about two weeks ago, plus Wags' interview and such things. I would like content to come quicker, but it's definitely on the move.

S!

Last news letter containing WW2 plane stuff update was at the end of jannuary its more like 2 months ago not 2 weeks.

For me pesonaly ED can have as much time as they want to develop modules :) i am asking only for some news from time to time.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

And for us groundpounders, the Dora is an excellent stopgap while waiting for the Mossie. PS. And so is the Stang too, love that plane as well.

I really hope we get the Hawker Typhoon flyable as well ????

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Last news letter containing WW2 plane stuff update was at the end of jannuary its more like 2 months ago not 2 weeks.

For me pesonaly ED can have as much time as they want to develop modules :) i am asking only for some news from time to time.

Weren't the new maps quite recent news? That's also WWII stuff. But well, maybe longer than a couple of weeks, I lose the sense of time.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

I really hope we get the Hawker Typhoon flyable as well ????

Man, I'd sell my neighbor's left cojone and his wife's right kidney to see that bad babe in DCS. Would be the toppermost of the poppermost and I ain't kidding!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Weren't the new maps quite recent news? That's also WWII stuff. But well, maybe longer than a couple of weeks, I lose the sense of time.

S!

Heh, I've known (or originally, had the impression) that there was a Pacific map in the works for about a year, haha. Can't remember how I learned that, it was a year ago, after all. Might have been a tease that M3 did, or a single post on these forums I saw once, hinting at it. For some reason though, I have the feeling that another one of the new WWII maps is only slightly north of the Normamdy map, and includes the Cliffs of Dover. I have this memory of an image of the map hammered into my mind, but I can't remember where I might have seen it from. Which is of frustrating. So, I guess I have to put that under speculation...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Heh, I've known (or originally, had the impression) that there was a Pacific map in the works for about a year, haha. Can't remember how I learned that, it was a year ago, after all. Might have been a tease that M3 did, or a single post on these forums I saw once, hinting at it. For some reason though, I have the feeling that another one of the new WWII maps is only slightly north of the Normamdy map, and includes the Cliffs of Dover. I have this memory of an image of the map hammered into my mind, but I can't remember where I might have seen it from. Which is of frustrating. So, I guess I have to put that under speculation...
It's been awhile since last time I heard of the Pacific map Either, but IIRC it was from Leatherneck to flesh out their (now) upcoming F4U-1D so if they didn't change their minds after Heatblur split maybe it's still projected and may well be one of the two WWII maps we heard of recently. As for the other one, I haven't the faintest really aside that it's coming.

S!

Not sure what M3's plans are for a Pacific Map but...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3581001&postcount=9

The map that was being developed by Leather neck was Cobra's and is maybe going to be published by him at some future date.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3581242&postcount=15

So there may be hope for a Pacific Map someday.

• 1 month later...

What about that F4U? Last screenshots I saw looked terrific. Pacific map or not, I'd have to buy that. Is it still under developement? I always find myself getting excited over what I think is an impending release, and then don't hear any more about it for five years. You'd think I'd know by now!

What about that F4U? Last screenshots I saw looked terrific. Pacific map or not, I'd have to buy that. Is it still under developement? I always find myself getting excited over what I think is an impending release, and then don't hear any more about it for five years. You'd think I'd know by now!

this is recen update of party developing F4U

http://leatherneck-sim.com/spring-awakening/

and it is F4U-1D late model with water injection which i am hyped very about it :P

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor