[DCS BUG] bindings locking out?

acdelta57

wonder if its just me but when i go to bind controls I can bind 1 or two then it just seems to not register and I have to restart DCS. Currently binding an X56 throttle/warthog stick/cougarmfds.

the module looks so good tho I dont care if i gotta restart 50 times i will do it!

AMAZING JOB heatblur

Edited by IronMike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Now same issue when adding the F-14 module, so what I have done is,

open the new module input, go to axis, bind some settings, then exit the sim,

repair, restart the computer, restart the sim, go into the inputs and all should be working and rebind controls worked for me.

I think whats going on here, is everytime theres a new module of inputs added to the lua list, it goes haywire. so running this procedure worked for me.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Have the same problem.. did a repair and restarted the computer.

I use the warthog and mfg crosswind.

Throttle and rudder is marked as red in the keybinds??

This means there was a binding change and it’s double some where.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Guys, read the linked thread above, I found a fix for it. I'll directly quote my posts to be clear, but the tl;dr is: view.lua file bugs out, replace open beta one with stable one or try a repair.

So, I had the same problem and I fixed it by pasting the View.lua file from DCS Stable to DCS OB.

Here is a cut from my post where I worked it out, on the A-4 thread because I thought it was an A-4 bug before realizing it happened with all modules:

edit: tried again, this time with a proper DCS plane, and it happened again! So there's something wrong with my install, something that went wrong recently... the only recurring factor is this:

2019-03-12 11:11:12.640 ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./Scripts/Input\View.lua"]:1197: attempt to call method 'setValueRange' (a nil value)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'setValueRange'
[string "./Scripts/Input\View.lua"]:1197: in function 'onProcessInput_'
[string "./Scripts/Input\View.lua"]:1224: in function 'updater'
[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:64: in function <[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:40>

This line does not appear if I don't try to bind an axis

Edit 2: alright it happens even if I delete the A-4 and all mods... so I can confirm that it has nothing to do with the A-4, it might have happened some time ago and I didn't notice because I don't often bind non-flight axes. Now I'm lost on how to fix this, but this isn't the proper thread anymore I think... duh.

Edit 3: FIXED IT! I have no idea if it's DCS fault or something happened on my side, but I managed to just copy the view.lua file from Stable to Open Beta and it fixed it. The OB View.lua bugged itself. Now the A-4 works flawlessly! (Turns out there's a thread for this bug: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233656 )

So, you guys should go check out the DCS log file on "\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs" and if it shows the same error (ALERT error bla bla bla view.lua) then the fix involves replacing that view.lua file.

I had a stable install so I copied that. If you don't have that, maybe a repair. Otherwise I can host the file? But I don't know if it's something that will work for everyone.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/py2ho57550eqp76/View.lua

This should work. Emphasys in "should", it could be a file with local settings I have no control over, so try at your own risk - backup your older file in any case, and try a repair first maybe.

FOR PEOPLE SCROLLING QUICKLY: TRY A REPAIR* OR IF YOU HAVE A STABLE VERSION COPY THE VIEW.LUA FILE YOU HAVE IN YOUR dcs world/scripts/input FOLDER OVER TO THE OPEN BETA! If you don't have a stable install or if the repair doesn't work, try the mediafire link over here, it has my stable view.lua file, it should work, but I don't know if it will carry over my personal game settings or stuff like that.

Also remember that the game bugs over only when setting up axes. If you want to set up a plane and wait for an official fix, get into a mission with it, set all the controls (even if they're not showing you're actually binding them) then quit to desktop and it should keep the controls and work just fine.

*how to repair: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/709/

Is this the same issue that is causing my bindings to work only in the front cockpit but not the back?

I was doing my best to bind my views and zoom controls to the T16000 HOTAS set as usual, but I noticed that the hat switch, center view button and zoom controls only work from the front and do not respond in the back.

Furthermore, I usually bind head translation controls to the keypad but even those keyboard bindings do not function from the rear seat.

Is this the same issue that is causing my bindings to work only in the front cockpit but not the back?

I was doing my best to bind my views and zoom controls to the T16000 HOTAS set as usual, but I noticed that the hat switch, center view button and zoom controls only work from the front and do not respond in the back.

Furthermore, I usually bind head translation controls to the keypad but even those keyboard bindings do not function from the rear seat.

F14B RIO inputs section?

I had the binding problem and I found a fix. All I did was delete my joystick file from Users/my name/saved games/desopenbeta/config/input/f-14b/joystick. Then copied and dropped my f 18 joystick file into the f 14. Then went in and set up all the controls with no problem at all.

• 2 weeks later...
This means there was a binding change and it’s double some where.

What do you mean when you say the bindings are doubled somewhere?

I have the same issue as the previous poster - red row for Throttle and Rudder w/ Warthog and Saitek rudder peddles in F14 Pilot config menu.

What do you mean when you say the bindings are doubled somewhere?

I have the same issue as the previous poster - red row for Throttle and Rudder w/ Warthog and Saitek rudder peddles in F14 Pilot config menu.

yep, exactly. Z axis, check under that.