R-3 Missile low poly model

razo+r

I had this bug about 3 month now and while having this bug, i tried following things out:

- Reinstalling

-Clean reinstalling

-Uninstall mods

-Repair

But nothing from that made a change so i decided to ask here for help

I just have this problem with the R-3 missiles

On your screenshots you use 3D missile models from the \Bazar\World\Shapes folder. Those are very old models from the Flanker2 times.

New and correct R-3R and R-3S models are in the \CoreMods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Shapes folder. Check this folder.

Check the R-3R.edm and R-3S.edm files. (68kB & 66kB)

If there are, then delete or rename the old R-3R.edm and R-3S.edm files (9kB & 8kB) in the \Bazar\World\Shapes folder.

The same names cause the conflict. (or your mods and/or your accidentally moved/deleted folders or files)

Edited by HungaroJET

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Don't rename anything now.

Check the files in your \CoreMods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Shapes folder first.

Check the R-3R.edm and R-3S.edm files. (68kB & 66kB)

If there are (in the \CoreMods\aircraft\MiG-21BIS\Shapes folder), then rename the old R-3R.edm and R-3S.edm files (9kB & 8kB) in the \Bazar\World\Shapes folder. (click on file name, press F2, and rename R-3R.edm to xR-3R.edm and R-3S.edm to xR-3S.edm in \Bazar\World\Shapes folder)

Edited by HungaroJET
  • Like 1

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Yes there are R-3R and R-3S in there with the exact same kb as you wrote

Rename the old R-3R.edm and R-3S.edm files (9kB & 8kB) in the \Bazar\World\Shapes folder.

(click on file name, press F2, and rename R-3R.edm to xR-3R.edm and R-3S.edm to xR-3S.edm in \Bazar\World\Shapes folder)

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok done, what about the R-3 txt or lua file?

and now i wanted to test it but it refuesed to start

post or copy&paste your latest me.log and dcs.log files ...(C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Saved Games\DCS\Logs folder)

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was unable to copy and paste and to upload so here's a link for the both txt files

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4c53tbl0369666b/LOGS.zip?dl=0

Here is the problem:

GUI Error: can't open 'Scripts/Database/wsTypes.lua

As I see you have installed numerous VSN aircraft addons/mods. Those "installed" mods can cause the problem also, (maybe weapon/missile mods for the MiG-15Bis)

First move all of your VSN mods out of DCS/mods folder, step by step to another "safe" folder or drive

or

You will need a clean reinstall probably, sorry

• Like 1

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you HungaroJET for the assist.

You're welcome !

Scouts help whenever they can :)

• Like 1

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this was posted quite a long time ago, but i see new replies recently, that means the missing textures problem is happening to some people, again. repair using the updater doesnt work, so i searched for quite a while and try to solve this problem, now its fixed, thank you HungaroJET.

i never touched the files of the mig-21, and have no idea how this is happened, my missile textures were good before. if this is happening to other people as well, i hope ED or Magnitude 3 LLC could come up with a fix in the next version. now im just glad that the issue is gone, thanks again HungaroJET

• Like 1