DCS: Eurofighter Typhoon - Avionics

2 Spanish Eurofighter down 8 F-15C at recent exercise

Eurofighter's official blog makes an interesting claim today about a recent dissimilar fighter exercise in the Canaries involving Spanish Typhoons and US Air Force F-15s. The blog says: In an interview on the exercise, Major Juan Balesta, the 41-year old Commander of the 111 Squadron stressed that a two-ship formation of Eurofighters involved in a dogfight simulation "against" the F-15s enjoyed full control of the engagement. The Typhoons managed to smash a formation of eight F-15s which had the role of the attacker with the first Eurofighter jet managing to "shoot down" four F-15 fighter jets. The second Eurofighter managed to disable three F-15 jets. Eventually the pilots were using the Eurofighter Typhoon to full capacity and taking advantage of its enormous capabilities. Trump that. This apparently refers to an exercise that ended last March. Who thinks Eurofighter is just trying to compensate for something, like a rumored beat-down by Dassault Rafale's at Al Dhafra? ht*p://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewline/2010/01/eurofighter-boasts-usaf-f-15-k.ht

I hate to rain on parades, but I suspect this will be another of the "alleged" events that there is no official record or proof of whatsoever. Until I see in-flight video or official debriefing products, I remain sceptical of all these claims (I seem to recall the last one the EFA guys were touting was shown to have never occured at all)

...and that's sceptical of BOTH side's competing claims, incidentally

I hate to rain on parades, but I suspect this will be another of the "alleged" events that there is no official record or proof of whatsoever. Until I see in-flight video or official debriefing products, I remain sceptical of all these claims (I seem to recall the last one the EFA guys were touting was shown to have never occured at all)

I think you'll find there are loads of official records, but the purpose of these exercises isn't for public interest or advertising (though they do try!) You'd be very, very surprised with the some of the results, but until you're in the business you won't be privvy to them (not in specific reference to the F-15/Typhoon incident in question).

Enjoy the banter, though!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't get me wrong i love the phoon and it is a very capable machine, but man that link is full of phoon bias. Too often do I read about its over exaggerated capabilities... getting annoying to be honest, they must really be trying to sell them.

stuff like this:

"More recent comments from BAE seem to indicate the radar return is around four times less than the Tornado. During a recent press event BAE Systems stated that the Typhoon's RCS is bettered only by the F-22 in the frontal hemisphere and betters the F-22 at some angles."

http://www.eurofighter-typhoon.co.uk/Eu ... cture.html

Edited by cameron126
somthing to laugh at

Computer: I7 12700K OC 5.0 All Cores, EVGA 3070TI FTW 3, MSI Tomahawk Z690 DDR4 WIFI, 32 GB Corsair DDR4 3200 MHz, M.2 NVME 1TB

Gear: Virpil T-50CM2 Mongoose Stick, CM3 Base, CM3 Throttle, Logitech Pedals, HP Reverb G2

Modules: F-15E, F-18C, F-16C, F-14, A-10C II, AV-8B, M-2000C, Mirage F1, F-5, AH-64D, MI-24, KA-50, Nevada TTR, Syria, Persian Gulf, Falklands, Sinai

• ED Team

Keep up the good work !

I meet four other Shrek squadron members at Duxford today, had a great time looking around at all the aircraft :) including the phoon !

attachment.php?attachmentid=68340&stc=1&d=1342650462

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

During a recent press event BAE Systems stated that the Typhoon's RCS is bettered only by the F-22 in the frontal hemisphere
LOL - really? With all those nice sharp edges, big variable geometry air intakes, etc..?? Those canards can't be too good for reducing RCS either...

Best regards,

Tango.

A Typhoon in DCS would be fantastic.

However, I must admit: Whenever I see the Typhoon I can only think of it as an uglier version of Gripen. :D

AIR_Eurofighter_Armed_GBU-16_Paveway-IIs_lg.jpg

Saab.Gripen2.jpg

• Like 1

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

;)Well to each his own. However the Gripen has its merits too.:D

The Typhoon has been acknowledge to having the next best stealth signature next to the F22. Fact. It has a lot of abilities we don't fully understand like caring on a fight if the pilot becomes unable for some reason etc.. The F-22 is stealth, first shot and hope first kill. It has never been flown in combat so we theorize, if in fact it has a first shot first kill ability. You must remember that we have had a flying Typhoon since FC1, some tried to do the F-22 but it just never made it. The Typhoon did and now it is in transition to DCSWorld. That would probably account for hearing more on the Typhoon than the F-22.

Edited by rattler

A stealth phoon? That would be interesting. IIRC, the F-35 has the best RCS when compared to other western fighters except the F-22A. Things like the PAK-FA or J-20 may be able to match it, but data is hard to come by.

I must admit though, the probability is high that the phoon would smoke a 35 in a dogfight. Though the 35 does have the better tech supposedly.

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

You are not going to see any HUD tape because they were all BVR and as you can imagine radar capabilities and weapon launching parameters are highly classified newer planes such as EFA, F22...

I don't think there is such a mistery in the EFA beating the Eagles, nowdays the aircraft with the longer stick wins, nothing to do with fiery dogfights, so simple as the EFAs were able to deliver their weapons and stay out of the Eagles launching envelope. Nobody says the F15 isn't a great plane or that american pilots are not able, but 20-30 years separate the design of both planes, the EFA has better radar, can fly faster and higher. The F15 is aging, that's why the F22 exist.

Incidentally one of the pilots in one of the two EFAs who took part in that combat again the Eagles flies Falcon with us in our virtual squadron. He has told us details about that engagement and he is a member in this forum so maybe he shows up here later on to tell more. Just to give a bit of more information, the engagement was 8 F15 vs 2 EFA + 6 F18, the Spanish had to protect a slow mover as well, the F15 got to kill some F18 but all of them got killed by EFAs.

Cheers

Tulkas

• Like 1

You are wrong man.

I am one of the Eurofighter pilot that flew in that mission as wingman. The data about the mission is correct. No typhoon shot down by F-15. You can believe or not but it's the same for me but please don't try to change the information to convince people in wrong way.