DCS: Eurofighter Typhoon - Avionics

Never hearth of Navier-Strokes equation......

gonna look it up.

The N-S are three equations that model both fluid- and aero-dynamics flows... the problem is that these eq. are not solvable analytically (if not for very simple cases), and also are too detailed (describing the flow point by point), so the aerodynamicists use approximations or numerical methods (computer fluid dynamics codes, or CFD).

Prof+Homer.jpg

Edited by F l a n k e r
Oh boy... Seems like an important part of the CAPTOR is classified, Gaanalma's website says that the amount of targets that can be tracked is classfiied, apparently. Isn't that rather important to know?

It's not widely publicised but it is out there if you know where to look.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

There are reports that the radar can "see" through 120-140 degrees laterally, with a range against fighter-sized targets in excess of 86nm (160km) and up to 162nm (300km) against transport aircraft. It has been suggested that the radar can simutaniously track up to 20 targets, and can engage six.

There are reports that the radar can "see" through 120-140 degrees laterally, with a range against fighter-sized targets in excess of 86nm (160km) and up to 162nm (300km) against transport aircraft. It has been suggested that the radar can simutaniously track up to 20 targets, and can engage six.

Not on my hardware!:cry:

But seriously....I haven't played a simulation of any aircraft that's semi recent. I can see it being a seriously interesting experience with that kind of technology and to learn in the depth of what I did for a10 and BS

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

But seriously....I haven't played a simulation of any aircraft that's semi recent. I can see it being a seriously interesting experience with that kind of technology and to learn in the depth of what I did for a10 and BS

I don't think any Company that Produced the Typhoon had that much accuracy to the radar model, so don't worry you can still put up a good fight against it.:)

rattler

My favourite feature of the Typhoon is buddy-launching AAM's. You guide my weapon from somewhere else via datalinks and I'll keep EMCON while exposed for the shot. :)

(And I expect more aircraft do have this feature, I know it's been suggested one of the new or coming upgrades to the Gripen will include this as well, and I'd be extremely surprised if the americans and russians aren't doing this as well, especially the americans, considering that on the Typhoon this was tested with Slammers and not one of the european missiles.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

In what way is the A-10 not semi recent?

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Aren't all the A-10C's just old A-10A's that have been upgraded. They aren't actually new planes.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Aren't all the A-10C's just old A-10A's that have been upgraded. They aren't actually new planes.

depends on your definition I suppose...

is the airframe from the 70's?..yep

however the control linkages(?), engines and avionics (and not to mention mission role) are all strictly 21st century

And that makes the C a different beast because it is not used the same way...

A-10A is used down and dirty while the sensors on the A-10c allow it to take the high road.

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

A-10A is used down and dirty while the sensors on the A-10c allow it to take the high road.

Although when it got used it was at medium altitude.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

While they can be used at medium level most real world training is still centred on the same low level tactics used with the A model during the cold war.

The C model adds to the capabilities that already existed, it doesn't replace them.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Thread is hopelessly derailed.

(Unexpectedly from out of the left flank ...) I read somewhere once that real world fighter pilots do Paleo in order to enhance the proficiency of the primary ocular nerve. Is this the case? If so I'm doing it to enhance the sense if "being there". You know, high fidelity realism. :D ... and all ...

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!