DCS: Eurofighter Typhoon - Avionics

Hello there komemiute! I'm not doubting you, just interested in how you are a valid source? Care to share the information? :)

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Hello there komemiute! I'm not doubting you, just interested in how you are a valid source? Care to share the information? :)

For god sake look on the internet in the right places and you will find all the information you wish on the Typhoon. I mean right places, you will recognize them when you see them.

komemiute is absolutely correct.;)

@ Teapot: Let's put it this way - first-person witness.

Good enough answer. :)

Rattler you big lummock, I know how to search for info. You missed the point of my question entirely lol.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

I am a valid source. Your information are not correct.

Supercruise has been achieved repeatedly with useful combat load.

Up to M 1.3 .

Of course you are free not to believe me. :thumbup:

When you say useful combat load, what exactly are we talking here? A 4-6x AAM CAP loadout, or a 4+ LGB strike load?

Well, our standard A/A load is 4 AMRAAM, 4 ASRAAM and 2 SFTs. Take from that what you will.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Yes, supersonic fuel tank.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 1 month later...

..some other way. ;)

Brimstone is not electro-optical/imaging infra-red like the Maverick, but rather MMW RADAR and with the dual mode seeker LASER as well.

Using the MMW RADAR seeker mode it's designed to be fired in salvos, with each missile selecting and engaging it's own target, and the LASER mode allows for attacking point targets using the TGP or other means.

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

So more like the Apache Longbow where the pilot designates priority fire zones on the Tactical map or radar page, prioritizing targets and automatically shooting the Next to shoot target or manually designating them? Guess it must be something like that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Coming back on topic. what radar are you guys modeling for the typhoon? captor or captor-e?

If the captor-e is being modeled. im very curios about the modeling of an aesa radar. specially concerning the ability of other planes to detect it.

I want to take the time to let you know that I am very much looking forward to the release of this module. If there is anyone capable of making a accurate sim of this plane it is you guys.

Edited by Bandit.
Thanks Bandit.

At this time it's too early to say. We are still in discussion with the Typhoon Consortium as to what features we can release for a public vs military solution.

As soon as the details have been nailed down we'll post them up.

Does that mean that you're really working with the manufacturer of those planes?

Sorry if I missed some post were you did explain that already ...

Thanks Bandit.

At this time it's too early to say. We are still in discussion with the Typhoon Consortium as to what features we can release for a public vs military solution.

As soon as the details have been nailed down we'll post them up.

Cheers,

Chris.

Are you military contractual too? Respect:thumbup:

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Its called an Aircraft Mnf License.

Many aircraft manufactures hire teams to search out companies using the likeness of their aircraft. What they require is a license agreement, which often results in small revenue share back to them.

In 2009 VEAO attained a licence from BAE Systems and the RAF to produce a Eurofighter Typhoon external model for public display at the Waddington International Airshow here in the UK.

That was a one-off project for BAE and the RAF.

Since then it has always been our goal to attain licences to produce the Hawk and Typhoon for military and commercial applications. These discussions are underway with BAE and the Typhoon Consortium.

We will not sell any model without these licences. As a company we will not take that risk.

There is some interesting case law on the subject of IP rights (Intellectual Property).

And I read in the papers in fact only yesterday that Budweiser are suing for the new movie about a drunk pilot crashing a plane and he was drinking Bud.

Basically if you don't have permission to use a brand, it's not worth the risk.

The same applies to producing aircraft models for DCS if you're going to sell them.

It's not TFC or ED's responsibility to attain the licences, it's up to us 3rd party devs.

I hope that clears some stuff up,

Chris.

Are you military contractual too? Respect:thumbup:

It is our goal to use our products in military applications as well as commercially to the DCS community.

That being said, essentially we will have two products, a full spec military version and a commercial version with certain features disabled for obvious reasons.

Chris

Its called an Aircraft Mnf License.

Many aircraft manufactures hire teams to search out companies using the likeness of their aircraft. What they require is a license agreement, which often results in small revenue share back to them.

In 2009 VEAO attained a licence from BAE Systems and the RAF to produce a Eurofighter Typhoon external model for public display at the Waddington International Airshow here in the UK.

That was a one-off project for BAE and the RAF.

Since then it has always been our goal to attain licences to produce the Hawk and Typhoon for military and commercial applications. These discussions are underway with BAE and the Typhoon Consortium.

We will not sell any model without these licences. As a company we will not take that risk.

There is some interesting case law on the subject of IP rights (Intellectual Property).

And I read in the papers in fact only yesterday that Budweiser are suing for the new movie about a drunk pilot crashing a plane and he was drinking Bud.

Basically if you don't have permission to use a brand, it's not worth the risk.

The same applies to producing aircraft models for DCS if you're going to sell them.

It's not TFC or ED's responsibility to attain the licences, it's up to us 3rd party devs.

I hope that clears some stuff up,

Chris.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

It is our goal to use our products in military applications as well as commercially to the DCS community.

That being said, essentially we will have two products, a full spec military version and a commercial version with certain features disabled for obvious reasons.

Chris

I would join your team just to try that full spec version :joystick:

Anyway glad you are doing this with the source, will you confirm which features are modeled during the process or you will wait until its done?

Can i just ask... is the flight model going to be as accurate as a sim can be or is that one of the things that can't be (isn't allowed to be) accurately modeled for public use also, I'm referring to the typhoon really under the assumption the hawks is more accessible.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]