DCS: Eurofighter Typhoon - Avionics

...We will start with an early tranche, most likely the Block 1 moving onto Tranche 2 and Tranche 3 with complex Air-to-Ground systems and full DCS integration.

We all know that many systems of Typhoon are still classified.

In percentage (20%, 40%, 60%?), how many of avionics will be modeled in your DCS: Eurofighter Typhoon?

Thanks in advance and keep good work! :)

Bye

Phant

Edited by phant

AMVI

Hi Phant,

As you say many of the systems are still classified and it is very early to give an estimate based on the data we already have.

Our aim of course is to be 100% acurate, but with systems classified this just may not be possible and will have to based on available data and our engineers best guess in wind tunnels etc.

All I can say at the moment is that we are working on other avenues that may give us more access to data.

Hi Phant,

As you say many of the systems are still classified and it is very early to give an estimate based on the data we already have.

Our aim of course is to be 100% acurate, but with systems classified this just may not be possible and will have to based on available data and our engineers best guess in wind tunnels etc.

All I can say at the moment is that we are working on other avenues that may give us more access to data.

^ and that my friend, is the main purpose of DCS, and ED's existence so far. High fidelity simulators, for combat. We are not asking the impossible, here, you see. Whichever aircraft you have 100% access to simulate, doesn't matter old or new, we will purchase, so long as it's on par with A-10C fidelity, BS fidelity...:thumbup:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

^ and that my friend, is the main purpose of DCS, and ED's existence so far. High fidelity simulators, for combat. We are not asking the impossible, here, you see. Whichever aircraft you have 100% access to simulate, doesn't matter old or new, we will purchase, so long as it's on par with A-10C fidelity, BS fidelity...:thumbup:

+100

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Fantastic news ... But, I understand that data is classified to no access in the short to medium term. I also hope minimum level as A-10, Ka-50.

Greetings!

"If adventure is dangerous, try the routine. It is deadly."

Paulo Coelho.

Hey Komemiute,

In the nicest possible way I hate you!!! haha

The purpose of developing our Typhoon model a few years ago was also to talk to air forces about a cheaper alternative to ASTA.

I'm certainly loking forward to your appraisal of our module.

• Like 1

^What he said.

I'd take one accurate module over five guesstimated ones all day everyday.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

• ED Team

+1.:joystick:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Hi Phant,

yes just build a 1:24th scale model, make a wind tunnel and then make your own data?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Please note though, aerodynamics on a small scale aircraft work a bit different then on the actual aircraft.

Not that this makes it impossible, just need to keep it in mind and adjust accordingly.

(this is the reason why flying scale model aircraft often have either slightly different profiles, or are a b*tch to fly)

~S~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)
Please note though, aerodynamics on a small scale aircraft work a bit different then on the actual aircraft.

Not that this makes it impossible, just need to keep it in mind and adjust accordingly.

(this is the reason why flying scale model aircraft often have either slightly different profiles, or are a b*tch to fly)

~S~

Yep, adimensional parameters in the Navier-Stokes equation, but I think an engineer knows it.

Never hearth of Navier-Strokes equation......

gonna look it up.

Yeah, you might regret that ;)

If not - there is a useful paper that can take you closer to what some game devs use as a sensible, extensible set of solution functions for N-S/CFD work, including some turbulence.

As you can see in that PDF - you can get some quite nifty results if used against particles (although using it for force-grids in flight, whilst making the airflow a variable-density fluid can also be worthy :))

Martin...

I want to fly the most realistic simulators available to us the home user and while I note the discussions on F-22 and the Eurofighter regarding their classified systems I wonder how many of you thoroughly enjoyed EF2000 and F-22 Total Air War as I did even though back then even less was known about the aircraft.