Radio Transmission... what else

Captain Orso

I'm trying to simulate a command center radioing a command to my P-51D. I've searched the forum and internet, but cannot find a working solution.

I have the P-51D's Channel A set to 118.75, because I'm on the Normandy map, and starting on the ramp at Sommerville, which has the ATC frequency of 118.750, so when I start the mission and turn power on, I set the radio to Channel A (118.750).

I have a trigger, which I know works, bc I added firing a Signal Flare from a jeep I placed on the Sommerville Airfield to confirm the trigger functioning. The Signal Flare fires, but the Radio Transmission does not.

For the Radio Transmission, I added the Radio Transmission Action to this trigger, setting Modulation to FM, Frequency 118.75, Power 300 and added an ogg file. Since you need a Trigger Zone for this Action (I guess to represent the location of the radio, I've never found a clear reason, but this is logical), which I set centered on Rucqueville Airfield, less 5 nm distant.

The test Signal Flare fires, but I get no Radio Transmission.

So I tried another approach, which I had read in the forum. I set a "Bunker 1" on Sommerville Airfield, and gave it the Group name "Kennway"/Unit Name "Kennway Comms". On waypoint 0 I added Set Frequency(118.75), FM, Power 300.

Then I gave Kennway Comms the Triggered Action: Perform Command, Transmit Message, Name: Scramble, File: an ogg file, Subtitle: "Text", Loop: (not checked), Dur: 30.

In the Triggered Action (where I fire the test Signal Flare), I added AI Push Task, AI Action and selected the Triggered Action from Kennway Comms.

The test Signal Flare fires, but still no transmission, not even the text.

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong here?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hi Suntsag, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, that still doesn't work. Indeed I didn't have a name set, but after setting a name, I still get no message.

I seem to recall reading some insinuation that the Trigger Zone selected for the transmission has to in some way be used to trigger the trigger itself, but that seems completely illogical. It would completely prevent triggering the transmission in any other way, like after time x, or on some other type of event.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

The SCR-522-A radio in the P-51D is a VHF radio with a frequency range of 100 - 156 Mhz, but I just tried AM as well, using 118750 AM instead of 118.75 Mhz

I've been playing around with this mission so long trying to get the transmission to work, I think the mission is now somehow corrupt. The signal flare firing I added to coincide with the radio transmission is now firing twice, once right at mission start, and once after 35 seconds, when it and the radio transmission are supposed to fire.

I've attached the mission, in case you would like to have a look at it.

Nmdy WWII Air Raid Rucqueville 02 w Mustangs.miz

Edited by Captain Orso

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Did you try playing the file in the trigger action app to validate that the file plays the sound?

Yes, it plays.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Thank you thank you thank you :thumbup:

You were right, it's AM.

It's weird that the modulation doesn't fit to the frequency, but that's the only way it works :huh:

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler