=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Hey eekz. There is a lot of base killing going on atm. Would it be possible to add more air defenses?

Yea, it’s a regular problem. People getting in close and doing low sweeps killing people in respawn and takeoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey eekz. There is a lot of base killing going on atm. Would it be possible to add more air defenses?

There already quite a lot AAA. The problem that allied AAA is anti high alt and seems to be useless vs low level manevuring targets. I could use Zu-23 for a while. But I hope more low alt AAA should be added to wwii asset pack too.

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

There already quite a lot AAA. The problem that allied AAA is anti high alt and seems to be useless vs low level manevuring targets. I could use Zu-23 for a while. But I hope more low alt AAA should be added to wwii asset pack too.
That sounds like a great idea. Thanks for considering!

+1 between the horrible performance and no labels mod its really unplayable in this patch.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

My guess is it has to do with the labels they implemented themselves. Apparently there is now an option to make "dot only" labels or full labels natively in dcs. Although the "dot" labels are a Caret ( this symbol ^ ) and not a dot.

I assume whatever they changed broke it as it was definitely not working yesterday.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

My guess is it has to do with the labels they implemented themselves. Apparently there is now an option to make "dot only" labels or full labels natively in dcs. Although the "dot" labels are a Caret ( this symbol ^ ) and not a dot.

I assume whatever they changed broke it as it was definitely not working yesterday.

Thats correct Eekz, I’m pretty sure the new label selections that ED added broke the label Mod. also the non dot- dot label (^) is color coded. Why they couldn’t add a non colored label selection is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks eekz. Hopefully will test it later today.

9./JG27

it is right decision to switch the "game labels" switch off

they are really not useful for realistic server.. IMO, better without them

(blue dots are less visible)

Screen_180901_175834.png.c4e31834424d7bb611a40b738d671406.png

Screen_180901_181228.thumb.png.2eae9edb4a80ea29712366a333972b00.png

Screen_180901_175636.thumb.png.e6a8078ab9c98dcfda8fdf667d3c0054.png

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

it is right decision to switch the "game labels" switch off

they are really not useful for realistic server.. IMO, better without them

(blue dots are less visible)

They was enabled accidentally. Now labels should be off and clouds on. Currently looking into new labels format.

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

Same for VR. Close to impossible without them.

9./JG27

Labels will be back soon. I'll make new labels file asap.

Meanwhile, I've put the updated mission to the server with sub-mission mechanics. Not much there currently but only 1 mission with submissions for each side because I want to test if they work correctly. If yes, I'll be updating it with more missions, things that I've promised in the past and your recent feedback.

To do list is impressive :)

Burning Skies

Same for VR. Close to impossible without them.

Actually I find long distance target detection on high targets easier in VR. For other situation, I don't really know. We're not too handicapped with detection in VR, if you ask me. The label mode made labels stick out a LOT in VR and we were having a big advantage here

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

I see you added wind and clouds, which is great! However, there are 2 problems with the clouds:

1) The cloud base is too low at 800m. 1500-2000 would be more realistic.

2) The weather is static, so if I take off from Evreux, there are clouds, but by the time I reach Carpiquet, they are gone. They are only rendered around the player's spawn area. It can be overcome by applying dynamic weather. 1 or 2 cyclone areas should do the trick.