[OK AS IS] 9X does not boresight when caged without a lock tone

RED

What information are you basing this on?

It used to be different if I remember correctly. It also seems somewhat strange if the seeker looks at a random position and outside of HUD FOV. Also, I did not check if it's only the HUD symbol that is doing that and the seeker is actually bore sighted.

It used to be different if I remember correctly. It also seems somewhat strange if the seeker looks at a random position and outside of HUD FOV. Also, I did not check if it's only the HUD symbol that is doing that and the seeker is actually bore sighted.

Do you have the JHMCS (HMD) on? If so, the AIM-9 seeker head will follow that if you have master arm on and AA mode selected.... If you do, try turning off the JHMCS (not just using the RECCE switch as it simply removes the display while leaving the system active). When I have it turned off completely, the seeker head stays bore sight locked until I uncage the seeker head.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have the JHMCS (HMD) on? If so, the AIM-9 seeker head will follow that if you have master arm on and AA mode selected.... If you do, try turning off the JHMCS (not just using the RECCE switch as it simply removes the display while leaving the system active). When I have it turned off completely, the seeker head stays bore sight locked until I uncage the seeker head.

Cheers,

Don

Yeah, JHMCS is off completely.

Ok, I will ask the team, but I can't really report something that seems strange, need something to show its wrong, if that makes sense. Thanks.

Did you get any feedback on this? I don't really know if my point got across. I'll try again.

No lock tone in STT, seeker slaved to radar LOS:

If you cage the seeker, it will stay at it's current attitude, e.g. 20° right off boresight and level. You can roll the aircraft left and it will stay in its current attitude, now pointing up.

If you then reselect the AIM-9, the seeker returns to boresight.

With lock tone in STT, seeker slaved to radar LOS:

If you cage the seeker, it will move to boresight correctly.

I could not find any documentation saying that the seeker should go to almost random attitudes.

It's either slaved to the radar or at boresight.

I added another track.

9Xseekerboresight_2.trk

• 3 months later...