The New model Viewer is Awesome

sadjad-vosoul

yes you can

R6Z7U81.jpg

Select pylon connector > Attach model > select model from list in \Bazar\World\Shapes

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Great addition to the model viewer ED thanks very much, now Uboats can have a holiday .

For those that dont know how to do it:

1. Go here and download the latest version

ftp://srv0files.eagle.ru/mods/model_viewer2/

2. You Generate a Model Livery File by loading the .edm of the model you want into the MV2, activate the icon in the toolbar or hit Ctrl + Shift + Alt + G and save it to where ever you want. Open with ++ as usual.

Edited by Strut

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Does the texture refresh work by any chance?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Check this

Also Works for Cockpits :-)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Does the texture refresh work by any chance?

The Standalone version should work (RELOAD TEXTURES), (*tested by loading livery, and then swapping out texture file with new one, then choosing reload textures)

Current embedded build in open beta branch or release hasnt caught up yet.

(Likely will in next updates for each branch)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

The Standalone version should work (RELOAD TEXTURES), (*tested by loading livery, and then swapping out texture file with new one, then choosing reload textures)

Current embedded build in open beta branch or release hasnt caught up yet.

(Likely will in next updates for each branch)

Thank you :thumbup:. Looks like I can finally start sharpening my pencils then, cause I have been waiting for the reload to work, for a very long time. I couldnt be arsed to restart the program every time I needed to check what Im doing - not the workflow Im used to.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 4 weeks later...
We just noticed that, with the new MV, you can reload texture after modification without restart the MV.

Yes, but it doesn't work if you update description.lua, so then you have to restart MV

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

• 2 weeks later...

Textures yes, liveries no...

Any news here ?

No idea, what i´m doing wrong - modelviewer can load a kind of standard textures (not the missing texture one) out of saved games/mods folder, but the liveries do not appear in the list using the same path - livery or texture -.

Even the game itself loads the liveries. If i put the liveries into bazar, there they are!

:helpsmilie:

Has anyone an idea ?

Had no problem with MV 1...

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it was the update or something I've done, but I cannot get the Liveries Tool to appear anywhere on screen. It worked before, when I'd check the box it would pop up and could select the livery I wanted, now nothing happens. Anyone else having this problem?

Try deleting >>Saved Games\edModelViewer2.openbeta or Saved Games\edModelViewer2<< this folder

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 3 weeks later...

+1 i agree

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

Yes, but it doesn't work if you update description.lua, so then you have to restart MV

It reloads the cached textures, not the LUAs that's why.

• 5 months later...

Has anyone found a solution to getting MV2 to read a liveries folder outside '\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\'? EG 'c:\Users\Orso\Saved Games\Liveries\'.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

What the hell happened to DCS and Model viewer ?!?

MW.thumb.jpg.ea4d69a70f198d3ffc3bc1f087884096.jpg

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

• 3 weeks later...

I've just started to create a bunch of new liveries and ran into the same thing.

Come on ED what source control software are you using? If it's source safe/TFS then please move to git because its clear something has gone wrong with your branch management (soz for the coding lang everyone else)

madwax....