FCR Range before and after Dogfight mode question

Vitor_Hugo

Lets say my FCR is at 40nm but I have to change to dogfight mode to deal with one close bandit, the FCR changes to 5 or 10nm (has it should), but when I turn off the dogfight mode the FCR stays at that 5 or 10nm range. I guess that is the way it supposed to be, don't really know.

Is there a way to the FCR go back to the range it was on before just by turning off the dogfight mode?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

and why it drops the lock on a bandit when changing to dogfight? is this the expected behavior?

If you change to Dogfight Guns it changes to "no rad" then you have to choose one mod

-TMS Up = Boresight (20nm)

-TMS Right = 30º×20º HUD (10nm)

-TMS Left = 10º×60º Vertical (10nm)

The dogfight missile haven't tried yet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

and why it drops the lock on a bandit when changing to dogfight? is this the expected behavior?

AFAIK, it should not provided the system has a Target of Interest (TOI), the target is within antenna parameters and and the FCR has good tracking. I am not sure if it must be in STT mode before the switch to ACM for the radar to maintain lock.

If you change to Dogfight Guns it changes to "no rad" then you have to choose one mod

-TMS Up = Boresight (20nm)

-TMS Right = 30º×20º HUD (10nm)

-TMS Left = 10º×60º Vertical (10nm)

The dogfight missile haven't tried yet

This should only happen with no track target.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Yeap, if you have a track target you don't need to change to Dogfight mode, just keep that track.

(Unless you want to track another plane near you)

What I meant when answering Icebeat was if you had a hostile near you may want to use Dogfight mode, but when you change to it you loose radar ("No rad" on the HUD) and you have to TMS one mode.

Don't know if it's supposed to loose radar :huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeap, if you have a track target you don't need to change to Dogfight mode, just keep that track.

(Unless you want to track another plane near you)

Or if you want to go from AAM or MSL mode to Dogfight mode to get gun (EEGS) and AIM-9 symbology when transitioning from BVR or medium range engagement to close in or visual engagement.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

AFAIK, it should not provided the system has a Target of Interest (TOI), the target is within antenna parameters and and the FCR has good tracking. I am not sure if it must be in STT mode before the switch to ACM for the radar to maintain lock.

There are special rules about transitioning to ACM with a bug causing STT. It definitely happens in some cases.