How is hog grip on Virgil base?

I know I should just try it myself but can never bring myself to do it. Anyone tried the warthog grip with the Virpil base? How does it perform, better, worse, or the same?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

It just works.

If you have one, it's really easier to try yourself. Just plug it in and that's it. You may want to load a different profile on the base which remaps the buttons and adjust the centre point (hog is heavier, it leans a tiny bit forward), but that's not necessary.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I have a Warthog grip on a MongoosT-50 base. It is a good combination, but the MongoosT-50 base was discontinued in October 2018.

You can use the Warthog grip on the WarBRD base, but don't plan on using it with extensions. From people which have this combination (Warthog grip + WarBRD base), it is also good.

I have a warthog on a WarBRD base and I put in the stronger springs ....works great.

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Well, I can speak for the T-50 base.

dddd_zpszt7mmj7i.jpg

You will not be disappointed For me it's the best of the two worlds. The F-16/A-10 grip conffort + the quallity of the components and the precision of the T-50 base. You'll never found this with Thrustmaster in a whole package for sure.:thumbup:

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

I have a Warthog grip on a MongoosT-50 base. It is a good combination, but the MongoosT-50 base was discontinued in October 2018.

You can use the Warthog grip on the WarBRD base, but don't plan on using it with extensions. From people which have this combination (Warthog grip + WarBRD base), it is also good.

How come no extenstions with T-50? If I don't have harder springs installed, could it possibly cause any damage? I'm just using T50 as it came but with 2 extensions. Will probably just leave it as it is then.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

If won't cause damage, it just may not self centre by itself (weaker springs) and/or hit the desk mount due to larger throw.

If you have T-50 base, not the WarBRD, then you have nothing to worry about, as long as you have enough clearance with T-50 grip (Hog grip is shorter).

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

How come no extenstions with T-50? If I don't have harder springs installed, could it possibly cause any damage? I'm just using T50 as it came but with 2 extensions. Will probably just leave it as it is then.

You asked about using a Warthog grip on a Virpil base. My answer was about that case.

Are you now talking about a MongoosT-50 grip?

Just saying "T-50" is not clear. People should stop saying that. There are several grips, a joystick base and a throttle, all called MongoosT-50 (which some are shortening to "T-50"). Be specific.

I know I should just try it myself but can never bring myself to do it. Anyone tried the warthog grip with the Virpil base? How does it perform, better, worse, or the same?

that combo feels great

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

It is also an upgrade I have been contemplating due to the (unfortunately) subpar quality of the TM:W joystick gimbal: I however saw some people that managed to break the connector on their TM:W joystick in combination with a Virpil / VKB base. Any thoughts on that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Groundpounder extraordinaire

SPECS: i7-4790K, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 16 GB RAM, MSI GTX 980ti, Thrustmaster WARTHOG HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR 5

Warthog grip "neck" is made on Zamac (cheap pottery metal), is not uncommon break even using Warthog base.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3678573&postcount=1

VPC base use strong springs, what can make this part fail more easily, specially with extension.

Same issue happens when using Real Simulator Force Sense base.

The fault is in the stick, not in the bases - well, Warthog base gimbal plastic "sphere" broken is another know issue.

Warthog grip "neck" is made on Zamac (cheap pottery metal), is not uncommon break even using Warthog base.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3678573&postcount=1

VPC base use strong springs, what can make this part fail more easily, specially with extension.

Same issue happens when using Real Simulator Force Sense base.

The fault is in the stick, not in the bases - well, Warthog base gimbal plastic "sphere" broken is another know issue.

My god it is pottery lol!

------------