mark points

colubridae

Markpoints ARE waypoints.

Not really. You can't build a SEQ out of Markpoints. Hence my question. Of course I can note coordinates in a piece of papers and manually create the WP but I'm looking forward to a potentially more convenient method, maybe not yet modeled but available in the real jet.

Not really. You can't build a SEQ out of Markpoints. Hence my question. Of course I can note coordinates in a piece of papers and manually create the WP but I'm looking forward to a potentially more convenient method, maybe not yet modeled but available in the real jet.

Why do you need to put them in a Sequence? All you will be doing with them is designating targets, you wont build a flight plan to navigate from using them.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

If you could create more than one SEQ (not avail at the moment), you could have a SEQ2 with allyour markpoints in order to have all them visible in the HSI.

You definitely can create more than 1 sequence, in the jet its self explanatory. In the ME I think if you create more than 15 waypoints its start to populate the second Sequence. But you wouldnt be doing markpoints in the ME. So yeah, definitely can populate SEQ2 and SEQ3 just fine.

Obviously not with markpoints though, as thats not what they are for.

Seems like the hotas markpoint button doesn’t work - is that how it is IRL and you have to use the MFD buttons?

The HOTAS doesn't have a markpoint button, it has Recce event mark, which is used for recce and marking the tapes afaik.

Because we lose all saved "markpoints" when refilling ammunition at the airport. There should be a way to save them somewhere or turn them into waypoints. Otherwise, the pilot is forced to search for targets again or to manually enter the coordinates. It's a bit troublesome when the pilot has to get back to the battlefield quickly.

Where can I check the geographical coordinates of the markpoint?

Edited by padonis

Because we lose all saved "marked points" when refilling ammunition at the airport. There should be a way to save them somewhere or turn them into waypoints. Otherwise, the pilot is forced to search for targets again or to manually enter the coordinates. It's a bit troublesome when the pilot has to get back to the battlefield quickly.

You can't expect the systems based of the real thing to solve a problem that only exists because people in DCS do crazy things.

In an airplane such as the A-10C, markpoins can be passed on to others, check their coordinates and they do not automatically disappear from the computer's memory. I think the F-18 is not inferior, and it is nothing unusual.

I have only given an extreme example, which may not be realistic, but it is possible.

Edited by padonis

Because we lose all saved "markpoints" when refilling ammunition at the airport. There should be a way to save them somewhere or turn them into waypoints. Otherwise, the pilot is forced to search for targets again or to manually enter the coordinates. It's a bit troublesome when the pilot has to get back to the battlefield quickly.

it's probably a bug, although it would be nice to have the ability to delete nav points

I'm pretty sure on your way back to the airport while on ATC and A/P, leaves plenty of time to write down the markpoints coordinates to enter them as waypoint?

• 1 year later...