No Black Pilot Skins???

ramirras

Of course there were no NORWEGIAN skins with the F-16s. We have chutes on ours!!! And yes, some made skins for it on release day.

But I stand by OPs request in the WISHLIST section. And thank you PolyChop for making a female pilot. You all should read Sven's reasoning for that.

It seems to me that a lot of you got a lot of grief from your parents when you wrote your letters to Santa...

As for pulling the racist card.... Bad person bad person!!!

We are but one human race!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@diogofalcao

Then hire some teenager to do it for you! :) Again, we have a black pilot skin in the game already (in the wrong P-51 but...), just not in a jet.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

@diogofalcao

Then hire some teenager to do it for you! :) Again, we have a black pilot skin in the game already (in the wrong P-51 but...), just not in a jet.

How much do you charge to make one?

A-10C / AJS-37 / AV-8B / BF-109 / KA-50 / F-14 / F-16C / F-5E / F/A-18C / FC3 / JF-17 / F-86 / M-2000C / MiG-21bis / P-51D / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / UH-1H Huey

Really??? What's the difficult of creating a female model and skin tones?

Honestly, I am a black rich person. I don't care to pay extra for the product as long as I am represented.

Now I know we’re being trolled. Who the crap would refer to themselves as a “black rich person” but what do I know? I’m just a racist poor kracker....

Way to make a mockery of a very worthy cause freakin troll!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Being bothered about the absence of non-white pilots isn't the same as being bothered about a white pilot.

If you walked into a supermarket and observed that all they had on the shelves was Bran Flakes, that wouldn't imply that you had an issue with Bran Flakes - it would just imply that you had an issue with the lack of choice on offer.

It doesn't work that way. I could care less what color the pilot is. That's being unbiased. I don't need a choice. I fly in the cockpit and can't see the pilot anyway. For sure the pilot doesn't need to look like me. I don't pamper my ego. I give it nothing.

Buzz

Now I know we’re being trolled. Who the crap would refer to themselves as a “black rich person” but what do I know? I’m just a racist poor kracker....

Way to make a mockery of a very worthy cause freakin troll!

Trolls come from Norway. He's Brazilian.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Way to make a mockery of a very worthy cause freakin troll![/QUO:megalol:TE]

Ok, the ones asking for mustache and beard are not trolling, right?

A-10C / AJS-37 / AV-8B / BF-109 / KA-50 / F-14 / F-16C / F-5E / F/A-18C / FC3 / JF-17 / F-86 / M-2000C / MiG-21bis / P-51D / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / UH-1H Huey

It doesn't work that way.

Not for you, but it obviously does work that way for others. All of your arguments are predicated on yourself - "I could care less", "I don't need a choice", "I don't pamper my ego"

Sometimes there's value in trying to step back and acknowledge other people's perspectives, too.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

This thread is more personal than it should be. Whilst it was a reasonable request to begin with it should be like any other wishlist for a product enhancement. It's not a personal mission, no one is representing anyone here. When you ask for something, dont feel offended that not everyone feels the same.

I wish people could be more passionate in my IFF threads. :(

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Why would anyone need to be “represented” in DCS? The aircraft are the stars of the show.

I thought we weren’t supposed to notice gender or skin color? Certainly not here; the question should be “Friend, foe, or non-combatant?”

I wonder if this is how it is IRL:

“Gee, op-for is firing on us, but they don’t look diverse enough, so hold your fire.”

It's interesting that in the past few days the top 6 threads feature polite requests, asking for better representation. In terms of gender and race.

[ATTACH]248317[/ATTACH]

Though, I'm understanding more and more, there's a lot of DIY in this community (from skins to UFCs and cockpit builds), perhaps ED, does need to start a new ticket for this. Or, even to bump it up the backlog a bit.

A previous workplace I was at was all about listening to people and consumers. When people needed features, it was discussed at length. Sometimes, the backlog would often be re-prioritised and sometimes in keeping with times of change and/or to be competitive.

Either way, hot topic, hot discussion. Current. :)

But at the very least, ED could communicate that to let us know that they're acknowledging our concerns and wishes, and at least let us know it's something that's being considered or looked into.

However, given their deafening silence on the Grim Reapers stuff from a while back, I doubt that's going to happen at all.

I think the pilot body in VR is very well done, the animation is IMHO excellent and the sense of immersion simply works. As for the external views where I can see “my” face I find it a typical generic computer game character. I don’t relate to it, I just see it as the DCS pilot character which happens to be a young white male pilot as most probably are and maybe even the pilot that flew the actual plane which was modelled who knows.

I do wonder if a simple quick win of adding a few skin tones and a generic female face would do more harm than it resolves by creating a few stereotype images. If the “white” version is no longer the generic DCS pilot but a representation of a diverse range of players then it falls way short of the mark, suggesting a race all look alike! The potential to offend probably increases unless there is the the capability to customise facial features to a much greater extent. This is why I think people maybe concerned about the resource aspect.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Not for you, but it obviously does work that way for others. All of your arguments are predicated on yourself - "I could care less", "I don't need a choice", "I don't pamper my ego"

Sometimes there's value in trying to step back and acknowledge other people's perspectives, too.

Fair point but when I say something it's just my opinion and applies to me only.

My only point is I don't consider it important enough for ED to take time away from what needs to be fixed.

I think putting your picture in the log book has some merit. The pilot? Not really. All you can see is some neck skin in the jet fighters.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

But for me the main place I'd like to see diversity is in radio communications, the more voice actors and the more variety in the voice acting the better.

They got their money's worth out of that one guy :p

I see the overall thread degenerated rapidly, and we've necro'ed some old phail threads, too! Good job everyone!

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi all

As you all know we already have darker skinned characters in DCS, I am sure we will see more in the future.

I have closed the thread as the point has been made.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2