Repeated calls from various ATC to "Hold Position"

melchionda

I've been spending some time on the Viper Practice server and I've noticed that regardless of whether or not I ask permission to start up, taxi or take off I will occasionally get repeated calls from the ATC to "Hold Position". This will be repeated over and over again. Sometimes its spoken in other languages. I've heard Russian and what I think might be an asian language. It also seems to be talking to different call signs as well as coming from different ATCs. Its super annoying.

Does anyone know what is causing that and how to prevent it from happening?

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Does anyone know what is causing that and how to prevent it from happening?

ATC is dumb, that's why. Just tune your radio to a different channel and you should no longer hear it.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• ED Team

ATC needs some work, it is planned, but a huge task.

Currently the ATC is expecting you and your flight with AI to move in a particular order, when that order is broken it can lead to the hold position calls.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks, do you guys know if I am hearing the calls to just me or to everyone on the server? I'm thinking I'm hearing calls to other pilots too because I am hearing different languages as well as calls from ATCs at other airports.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

You are hearing any calls over tuned frequency except JTAC.

As BigNewy says, someone else got permission to taxi first and the person that got permission second went ahead of them. If you do a controlled test with two clients and have "A" get taxi clearance first and then "B" second but "B" taxis in front of "A" you will get this message. If "B" halts and lets "A" drive ahead then "B" will get the message to continue taxi.

The way to do it as expected is that whoever calls taxi permission goes first even if they are far away. The next person to get permission to taxi must wait until the prior person taxies ahead even if that means a long wait.