[CORRECT AS IS]Saved Markpoints are deleted.

Padonis

• ED Team

Not sure if it is intended behaviour, I have reported to the team for checking

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I have spoken with the team, this is correct as is and working as intended.

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Really Saved Marking of markpoints will be deleted when the plane is rearmed? The pilot ne can save them otherwise so as not to search the target again after replenishing ammunition? For example, attach it to a waypoint? It is doubtful that anyone would cause the pilot such difficulties during a combat flight.

Edited by padonis

Really Saved Marking of markpoints will be deleted when the plane is rearmed? The pilot ne can save them otherwise so as not to search the target again after replenishing ammunition? For example, attach it to a waypoint? It is doubtful that anyone would cause the pilot such difficulties during a combat flight.

IRL pilots aren't hopping up and down like bunnies. You plan a sortie for hours and hours, you fly the sortie for hours and hours, then you land and debrief.

Real life isn't DCS

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Yes, but the data from the on-board computer does not automatically disappear, because the pilot, for example, landed somewhere to refuel. Such a situation cannot be ruled out, especially during the war.

What are you trying to argue? That Boeing got it wrong and that 5 mins of theory crafting online will let you know that pilots are routinely hopping up and down quick enough for markpoints to still hold any kind of relevance post sortie?

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Such data may be relevant to others. I just can't believe it disappears automatically without anyone's consent. Rather, such data is deleted by pilots or ground crews.

The funny thing is: this has nothing to do with what anyone "believes", only with being able to deliver proof that it works otherwise. Can you prove that?

(and seriously, weird design, UI or workflow choices in applied systems are nothing new, neither are they in the military)

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

A small fix. Removing all "marker points" causes a touchdown on the runway. The moment the wheels touch the runway, "mark points" are deleted. So there is no human interference when replenishing ammunition. I could understand it before, but now it becomes weird to say the least.

Edited by padonis

IRL pilots aren't hopping up and down like bunnies. You plan a sortie for hours and hours, you fly the sortie for hours and hours, then you land and debrief.

Real life isn't DCS

Although what you say, in a rather odd way, is true, you can't deny that the man's got a point. It does feel strange, that only mark points are deleted without pilot consent. "Correct as is" is an infamous tag nowadays and can be easily ruled out in a flick.

Stay safe

"Correct as is" is an infamous tag nowadays and can be easily ruled out in a flick.

Same question to you - if you can easily rule out that "Correct as is" is wrong, where is your proof?

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

I am not toxic, YOU said it can be ruled out in a flick. Can it, though?

• ED Team
Although what you say, in a rather odd way, is true, you can't deny that the man's got a point. It does feel strange, that only mark points are deleted without pilot consent. "Correct as is" is an infamous tag nowadays and can be easily ruled out in a flick.

Please know we do not just add these titles on a whim, we spends hours looking for proof when you all post reports.

If you have any proof the mark points should be any different please PM me.

Thanks