Just another sound mod

hubson

I'll give it a try, haven't experimented with "wing damage" yet, thanks. Btw, Jafa, do you know what "auto_width = false" does? True or false setting doesn't seem to make any difference to me but maybe I don't know how to test it properly?

No Idea , you could try a PM to "btd" on the ED team, he seems to be very aprochable , if you get any info back also let me know .

Cheers

Jafa

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

From my limited experience in messing around with the "auto_width" function, it acts as a stereo separation processor if a sound source is mono. If set to false, it keeps that given sample (or set of samples) to mono.

I could be wrong, but this is what I've noticed while messing around with various functions.

Also, you should experiment with the different "listmode" functions. In the next update for my F-18 sound mod, I'm heavily using the "ASR" function to give a more realistic dynamic to the outside effects. It's a huge step forward for me. Don't feel like you need to even put in a "listmode" function, if you want a different source to play each time the sample is activated. Putting in "Random" will only play one sample from the list you defined, where-as if you leave it blank - it will randomize each time it's activated. :)

- - - - - - - -

Tyler "Shadow"

All things sound @ Echo 19 Audio

linktr.ee/echo19audio

From my limited experience in messing around with the "auto_width" function, it acts as a stereo separation processor if a sound source is mono. If set to false, it keeps that given sample (or set of samples) to mono.

Yes you're right, that's what BTD has confirmed just today. How I understood him though is that by default it changes stereo to mono when the source moves away and "=false" turns it off.

Also, you should experiment with the different "listmode" functions. In the next update for my F-18 sound mod, I'm heavily using the "ASR" function to give a more realistic dynamic to the outside effects. It's a huge step forward for me. Don't feel like you need to even put in a "listmode" function, if you want a different source to play each time the sample is activated. Putting in "Random" will only play one sample from the list you defined, where-as if you leave it blank - it will randomize each time it's activated. :)

I do use ASR listmode from the start but I have some problems with it. It suppose to call and play first sample from the list and than loop every other samples from that list, right? Well from my testing, this is the case only when the camera is within the radius of the given sound (that's why I use it for incockpit afterburner for example- works flawlessly) For external sounds it gets mixed up or I don't fully understand the logic behind it.

Thanks Tmansteve, I'm glad you like it.

Link to the previous version if anyone likes it more or for whatever reason:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZX71neVNxptuzTH0JznXmIV7dOTP3y6x/view?usp=sharing

Wow, just watched the latest video with V5 and just blown away. Only comment I would make is the distant sound needs to be more but thats my opinion. For me, this is a triumph. Well done Hubson.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

As of 4/10/2019 "Distant Jet Afterburner" sound peramerters have changed and it has totally screwed up most of my audio work , any of you noticing this as well ?

Roll on 2020

Cheers

Jafa

Actually I see the "Distant Jet Afterburner" for the first time in FC3 planes together with "Distant_Jet_Afterburner_Front2". Looks like they came with the F16 module, or maybe little before, I have not updated since begining of september, just now..

Anyway, all the rest seems unchanged to me but will test properly on the weekend

As of 4/10/2019 "Distant Jet Afterburner" sound peramerters have changed and it has totally screwed up most of my audio work , any of you noticing this as well ?

Roll on 2020

Cheers

Jafa

For example if you set "plane afterburner" volume to 0 you will hear that ...for Example..."Distant_Jet_Afterburner_Side" cuts out and then fades in again as the aircraft becomes more distant...

Roll on 2020

Cheers

Jafa

You know that "Distant_Jet_Afterburner_Side" is set as inverse cone in sdef by default right? So likely you are being in and out of "Distant_Jet_Afterburner_Side" sound cones while the plane pass by? Could that be what you're describing?

For example if you set "plane afterburner" volume to 0 you will hear that ...for Example..."Distant_Jet_Afterburner_Side" cuts out and then fades in again as the aircraft becomes more distant...

Roll on 2020

Cheers

Jafa

Hmm , maybe you misunderstand me , this is not a sdef issue its a code and trigger issue and is something that could only have been changed by ED internally , maybe this will become more apparent to you and others if you start a fresh mod , anyway ill leave it at that for now as I feel like im hijacking your thread with non related issues.

Roll on 2020

Cheers

Jafa

No problem. I checked "Distant_Jet_Afterburner_Side" in many different configurations with other sounds and it seems to work just like before. Maybe there were some changes done code-wise but nothing apparent to me..

Hmm , maybe you misunderstand me , this is not a sdef issue its a code and trigger issue and is something that could only have been changed by ED internally , maybe this will become more apparent to you and others if you start a fresh mod , anyway ill leave it at that for now as I feel like im hijacking your thread with non related issues.

Roll on 2020

Cheers

Jafa

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the Necro Post - but will this MOD work with the current version 2.7.x ?

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10