Cold War 1947 - 1991 - Page 89 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-15-2019, 06:00 PM   #881
erniedaoage

Yeah seems like its working as it's supposed to. Good Job Alpenwolf!! Thanks for your efforts!

-= A10C - AJS-37 - AV8B - BF109K4 - CA - F/A18C - F5EII - F86F - FC3 - FW190D9 - KA50 - M2000C - MI8TV2 - MIG15BIS - MIG21BIS - P51D - SA342 - SPITFIRE - UH1H - NORMANDY - PERSIAN GULF =-

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

erniedaoage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:04 PM   #882
mehksauce

hey maybe you should create a discord server for this? im sure others would love to join it ( since rarely anyone is on srs.. being on discord comms would be much easier for others to access )

Last edited by mehksauce; 02-15-2019 at 09:38 PM.
mehksauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:46 PM   #883
1Shot1KiLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehksauce View Post
hey maybe you should create a discord server for this? im sure others would love to join it ( since rarely anyone is on srs.. being on discord comms would be much easier for others to access )
+1
Old 02-16-2019, 12:32 AM   #884
tom_19d

Working great here now Alpenwolf, instantly visible. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehksauce View Post
Hard pass. I had to really crawl into Discord while the Cold War server was down as I was flying on a server that leans heavily on it, and it is a dumpster fire of flaming, off topic conversations, negativity, and moderators having to repeat the same announcements over and over because people are too lazy to read. (And that isn't a knock at all on the sever, their excellent team of creators, or most of the pilots, just on the kind of conduct that an environment like Discord seems to bring out from people).

SRS invites its users to an increase of systems knowledge in their chosen aircraft (what frequency bands can I access, what aircraft systems need to be operational for the radio(s) to work, where are the radios located physically in the cockpit and how do I key up?) and communication discipline. DCS strives for realism and SRS is currently an amazing community development that fosters and encourages it.

I'm a little short on sympathy for people who are too lazy to embrace such a wonderful tool as SRS (and I'm not directing that at all to anyone contributing to the discussion here), which has been provided to us for free and has a tiny system footprint. I don't want to step backwards in realism for comms, nor do a I think a further split in the comms base is wise.

As for the information distribution uses of Discord, Alpenwolf has always been very connected to the community through this thread (and the thread that came before it). It is my opinion the more measured pace of a forum and the ability to more easily compose full paragraphs, link to various sources, ect elevates the discussion, where Discord seems to devolve into SMS style spats.
tom_19d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 01:05 AM   #885
mehksauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_19d View Post
Working great here now Alpenwolf, instantly visible. Thanks!

Hard pass. I had to really crawl into Discord while the Cold War server was down as I was flying on a server that leans heavily on it, and it is a dumpster fire of flaming, off topic conversations, negativity, and moderators having to repeat the same announcements over and over because people are too lazy to read. (And that isn't a knock at all on the sever, their excellent team of creators, or most of the pilots, just on the kind of conduct that an environment like Discord seems to bring out from people).

SRS invites its users to an increase of systems knowledge in their chosen aircraft (what frequency bands can I access, what aircraft systems need to be operational for the radio(s) to work, where are the radios located physically in the cockpit and how do I key up?) and communication discipline. DCS strives for realism and SRS is currently an amazing community development that fosters and encourages it.

I'm a little short on sympathy for people who are too lazy to embrace such a wonderful tool as SRS (and I'm not directing that at all to anyone contributing to the discussion here), which has been provided to us for free and has a tiny system footprint. I don't want to step backwards in realism for comms, nor do a I think a further split in the comms base is wise.

As for the information distribution uses of Discord, Alpenwolf has always been very connected to the community through this thread (and the thread that came before it). It is my opinion the more measured pace of a forum and the ability to more easily compose full paragraphs, link to various sources, ect elevates the discussion, where Discord seems to devolve into SMS style spats.

thing is, from my recent experience with the server.. nobody is on srs ever lol.. feels like a tdm match whenever i fly in the server.. i do look and appreciate teamwork and constant communications amongs people in my team.. hence why i think if they wont come to srs.. maybe worth a shot trying for discord
mehksauce is offline   Reply With Quote