MiG-19P Farmer "B" Status

Zeus67

I'm rather looking forward to the Supertucano, but whichever the next one will be, we know they're taking great care of the quality of their modules, including the missions! :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I too,am very excited,but a polished module is far more appealing than a half baked one,so if by this,it means I have to wait a bit longer then so be it.

Hopefully there will be some good news soon.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

A sloppy release is far more detrimental than a delayed but clean one. Let them get it right so we can enjoy it right away instead of a disappointing mess that'd we'd have to wait for anyways.

Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your sights.

-Hauptmann Oswald Boelcke, Jasta 2

I was expecting to fly it Jan 30, then again this weekend also....bummer. Many more delays are causing me to lose the excitement I have towards this module. Sorry, just was really excited for this to be released.

Once you've been here long enough you will get used to it, never expect a module when you think it will be first released.

I usually expect it a month or two after the date they publish for release...one extreme was the F18, 2 or 3 years ago they were pushing hard for a release by a new years and it still took years to actually finish. It's like baking a cake, it usually needs more time in the oven than everyone thinks :thumbup:

For those flying the stable version, add another 1 or 2 months on top of that. I just accept the fact and enjoy flying what great modules we already have until I open up DCS one day and "SURPRISE it's here!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Once you've been here long enough you will get used to it, never expect a module when you think it will be first released.

I usually expect it a month or two after the date they publish for release...one extreme was the F18, 2 or 3 years ago they were pushing hard for a release by a new years and it still took years to actually finish. It's like baking a cake, it usually needs more time in the oven than everyone thinks :thumbup:

For those flying the stable version, add another 1 or 2 months on top of that. I just accept the fact and enjoy flying what great modules we already have until I open up DCS one day and "SURPRISE it's here!"

Indeed. If it comes out before Easter it will still be one of, if not the shortest delay in all of DCS history.

Use the time for reading the manual. Learn all there is about this bird before you set foot in the cockpit. Trust me, you'd fall in love with this plane even more.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I am not asking for a release date, but can we have an update on the status of the issues that led to the release being postponed (manual, FM, UI art)?

99.9999% of the highlighted items have been resolved

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

I see on the video the computing gun A/A, I don't undestand how a old plane like the MiG-19P can have a better technologie than the MiG-21bis (1972) for the computing gun A/A ??

Edited by Satarosa

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mig 21 also has computing gun, it's just badly implemented.

However, in both cases it's mainly for bomber interception, not dogfighting.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I see on the video the computing gun A/A, I don't undestand how a old plane like the MiG-19P can have a better technologie than the MiG-21bis (1972) for the computing gun A/A ??

MiG-21bis had that in real life. DCS implementation of ASP-PFD-21 is sadly a placeholder.

As for "how could they abandon technologies" - its a good example of doctrine change during the generations of fighter aircraft. The first serial MiG-21F13 of the late 50s early 60s had an internal gun and a computing gunsight. Then it was decided that who would ever need a gun if you have guided missiles, and that nobody will ever merge because constant mach 2. PF, PFM migs didnt have a gun and had the same sight you can see now in DCS Mi-8 just to aim the missiles. Vietnam, Israel and other hotspots proved that wrong. Later 21s(1964 MiG-21S and on) had a gun and a computing gunsight returned. Still, dedicated interceptors like Su-15 still had that simple crosshair, and MiG-25 didnt have any sight or HUD at all.

Edited by Кош

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Yes and no.

MiG-21S still did not have a gun just like P, PF and PFM - but it had, just like the PFM, a gunpod.

MiG-21 bis in DCS does have a gyroscopic gunsight with automated range input.

The reason why P PF and PFM did not have a gun was not because of some stupid "who would ever need a gun", but rather because there was nowhere to put it because of the radar. Hence why the GSh-23 was first installed in a gunpod (on the PFM and S) and later in a small dorsal housing.

MiG-25 of course had a PKI sight, just like the aforementioned "gun-less" fighters; no clue where you heard otherwise - but it's wrong.

61.jpg

Edited by Koty

MiG-25 of course had a PKI sight, just like the aforementioned "gun-less" fighters; no clue where you heard otherwise - but it's wrong.

Never saw a photo of a PKI in a 25. Thanks!

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

The reason why P PF and PFM did not have a gun was not because of some stupid "who would ever need a gun", but rather because there was nowhere to put it because of the radar.

Technically because of missiles firing circuits, not the radar itself. F-13 already had rather symbolic armament, the other guns were replaced by K-13 related avionics. And the guns were axed first because of the notion that missiles will make them redundant, which existed on both sides of the iron curtain.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro