Virpil Throttle impressions - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-12-2019, 08:48 AM   #11
unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
You can change the actions with the VIRPIL software if you wish.. I've mine set up for separate DX codes for up and down on the same switch (T2 & T3) - although it's a bit of a pain working out whats what and the device ID changes each time you save the config to device - no doubt it'll get easier when Cypher finishes the manual...

Edit: Also added DXcodes to each of the 5 positions of the 'MODE' switch - this along with DCS options 'should' do everything I want
Hi Gizzy,
could you please explaine how exactly you did this? This is exactly what i tried today (T2 and T3) and failed miserably. I can't figure out how to setup T2 and T3 to report as different buttons in the up and down position.
My next step would be to setup the MODE selector to act as a modifier in DCS, which you also did like you mentioned in your post.

Could you please explaine how to setup these controls? Thank you very much in advance.

System: Win 10 64bit, Ryzen 1800X, 32gb RAM, Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti XE

MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:26 AM   #12
Gizzy

Hi,

Configure buttons 58 - 64 as shown.

58 > 29 and 59 > 31 add seperates functions to the 2 toggles T2 & T3

60 to 64 adds DX codes to the 5 way MODE rotary.

I'm using their software v20190109 - and exported my profile to a file... in this profile the LEDs are all off though.

You 'should' be able to import that profile and all is done... I've done that to seveeral others asking the same thing..

Good Luck..

Attached Files
File Type: zip VPC Throttle_MT50_no_mode [PCBv06].cnfv06-GIZZY.zip (512 Bytes, 6 views)

Far too many DCS modules, a black box full of expensive
gizmos, more controllers and buttons than the space shuttle,
a face mask and a big TV!
Gizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:15 PM   #13
backstab

Default 15 dials on E1 E2 E3

Here are my throttle files. They will turn your E1 E2 E3 into 5 different sets of dials. The sets are based upon the 5 way Mode selector. Now on mode 1 as an example I put the radios. I push the E1 and com 1 on the F18 is selected then I use the E1 dial to change channels.E2 is com 2, E3 is goggles on/off and brightness. Mode 2 put to external lights, Mode 3 I do external lights, mode 3 I do other stuff etc.

I map all planes radios and lighting pretty much the same so I do not get easily confused. I am in VR so I cant look. I know where everything is.

You can do whatever you want with your 15 new dials

Desktop.rar
backstab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:29 PM   #14
unknown

Quote:
Hi,

Configure buttons 58 - 64 as shown.

58 > 29 and 59 > 31 add seperates functions to the 2 toggles T2 & T3

60 to 64 adds DX codes to the 5 way MODE rotary.

I'm using their software v20190109 - and exported my profile to a file... in this profile the LEDs are all off though.

You 'should' be able to import that profile and all is done... I've done that to seveeral others asking the same thing..

Good Luck..

Thank you very much , i use the same software version. I was so close, i used 28 and 30 instead of 29 and 31, a small difference with a big impact.

System: Win 10 64bit, Ryzen 1800X, 32gb RAM, Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti XE

MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:52 PM   #15
Karon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_sukebe View Post
Thanks for the write up.

A question for yourself if I may.
I use a CH Throttle, which has an analogue mini stick, that I find works really well for slew of TGP and similar. The current VPC throttle has digital only hats. Do you miss an analogue stick for slew control?
I used a CH Pro Throttle for 10+ years before getting a Virpil last August. I personally prefer the Virpil: the ministick on my CH progressively lost precision after 2-3 years and I eventually dropped it entirely; ending up using the POV for the Shkval. I find the 5-way on the Virpil throttle quite precise and the pushbutton doens't interfere in any way with the movement, which is a great thing. After experiencing Warthog, TWCS and CH, Virpil's solution is the one I'm happier with.

132nd Virtual Wing - 696th vSquadron
VCB: ArmA3 British Army Light Infantry platoon
A3/DCS youtube channel: ArmA3 streaming + DCS nonsense
Arduino controls box forum thread
New Blog about Arduino & DCS
Karon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:20 AM   #16
MustangSally

Quote:
You can change the actions with the VIRPIL software if you wish.. I've mine set up for separate DX codes for up and down on the same switch (T2 & T3) - although it's a bit of a pain working out whats what and the device ID changes each time you save the config to device - no doubt it'll get easier when Cypher finishes the manual...

Edit: Also added DXcodes to each of the 5 positions of the 'MODE' switch - this along with DCS options 'should' do everything I want

Open the VPC_JOY_SETUP.ini file and change the line Resetwindowscalibration=1 to 0. Save and the id will not change. Just remember that every time you download updated Virpil config software the .ini file will revert to default.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...69&postcount=7

Obutto Ozone
i7-7740x @ 4.9 (Delided), ASRock X299 Fatal1ty M/B
Samsung 970 EVO Series 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe SSD
Crucial M500 and M300 SSD's, 32gig GSkill Ripjaws DDR4
Gigabyte 1080Ti, Corsair 1115 Pro water cooler
Philips BDM3270QP2/75 32inch 2k monitor
HP L2105TM Touch screen
Virpil T-50 Mongoos Throttle
Virpil T50 CM, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV, TrackIr, DS FLT1

Please remember that there is no such word as "aircrafts"
MustangSally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:32 AM   #17
Mr_sukebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karon View Post
I used a CH Pro Throttle for 10+ years before getting a Virpil last August. I personally prefer the Virpil: the ministick on my CH progressively lost precision after 2-3 years and I eventually dropped it entirely; ending up using the POV for the Shkval. I find the 5-way on the Virpil throttle quite precise and the pushbutton doens't interfere in any way with the movement, which is a great thing. After experiencing Warthog, TWCS and CH, Virpil's solution is the one I'm happier with.
Thanks for the response.
Bought my own T50 throttle last Oct. love it, even without an analog mini stick
Old 02-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #18
Weegie

Quick question

I'm in the market for a throttle, my hog is showing signs of age

Can the Virpil Software be used to input keyboard characters? or is does it simply cover Dx buttons?

Thanks
Weegie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 06:43 PM   #19
Sokol1_br
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegie View Post
Can the Virpil Software be used to input keyboard characters? or is does it simply cover Dx buttons?
No, their software- for now, is just a firmware configurator, where you can change buttons behavior, select modes... Is not a "keyboard emulator" software running in game background like used by other brands.

But you can use the freeware Joystick Gremlin for keyboard emulation.

https://whitemagic.github.io/JoystickGremlin/
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:22 PM   #20
Weegie

Thanks Sokol

It's not a deal breaker as I could certainly use a keyboard emulator

Some of the comments on the detent are a little worrying though
Weegie is offline   Reply With Quote