Mk-82 SNAKEYES employment

TBear

Anything up 20 degrees is valid for a low angle high drag delivery. There’s nothing precluding employing high drag weapons via a dive bomb delivery (30-60 degrees) either, not as common but tactically viable.

Interesting, didn't know that. I was trying to recall some of the Z-diagrams from the 476th Battle Book but the highest HD angle I can remember was 10DB. My memory is probably bad on that.

Another pass on moving fuel truck column

IAS 600, RALT 160, QTY 10, MULTI 1, INT 90 feet

Edited by colo
typo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

So, this thread is mainly about the accuracy, right? But what about the pull-up cue and break-x during all these deliveries - are they now modelled correct or also still WIP? Seems that both cues suggest a min alt of about 1000 ft although, as seen on the videos here, it is quite safe even lower to the ground...

The break-x is visible because I was in dive

It dissapears if FPM is above 0 degrees even in low altitude about 200 feets - it is visible on 10th second in the last video

Edited by colo

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Hi!

I've tried practice mission with 10X2, INT 320 feets, CCIP and it works pretty well, but as was mentioned you need to be extremely precise on drop! Additionally DUD is showing just below 95 feets (~30m - sick!) BUT/AND you need to be 0+ on pitch angle to get rid of "X".

BR

Probably delivery alt below 150 ft is unrealistic From the book US Marine Corps F-4 Phantom II Units of the Vietnam War (what is interesting here is also that rear fuse on snakeye is mentioned):

Screenshot_2019-02-16-22-19-59.thumb.png.29e14a29a97efd2a537aca86d3675b85.png