hud moves with look - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-11-2019, 07:59 PM   #1
thrustvector

Default hud moves with look

hey guys, just playing around and thought I would take the 27 out and dust it off, now its been ages since I flew this, but I'm sure this isn't right.
when I look left or right, the hud follows where I look, cant remember names, but is it the r33 missile look/hud look, that allows you to lock a target to your side, well that's what the huds doing?
not a brill screen shot but you can see what I mean
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_190211_193920.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	204307  
thrustvector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:44 PM   #2
Vilab

it is a "game mode" option,

main menue, option, third window from the left, untick the relevant box. i think it is the one at the bottom of the left most column

the "true" thing is very poorly modeled in DCS ( hit "5" on the keyboard, not numpad ), it should only be a "fixed" marker in front of one eye ( ka-50 like ), but in DCS it will track the target…

Last edited by Vilab; 02-11-2019 at 08:48 PM.
Vilab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:25 PM   #3
Ironhand
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustvector View Post
hey guys, just playing around and thought I would take the 27 out and dust it off, now its been ages since I flew this, but I'm sure this isn't right.
when I look left or right, the hud follows where I look, cant remember names, but is it the r33 missile look/hud look, that allows you to lock a target to your side, well that's what the huds doing?
not a brill screen shot but you can see what I mean
As already noted, it’s an option that can be turned on or off. I believe it’s still referred to as the “Mini-HUD”. It has nothing to do with any targeting system.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Last edited by Ironhand; 02-11-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:34 PM   #4
thrustvector

Thanks, I know its nothing to do with a targeting mode, just trying to explain it, I never use a game mode so weird but thanks, wish they would make these a proper clickable pit
Old 02-12-2019, 07:36 AM   #5
draconus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustvector View Post
Thanks, I know its nothing to do with a targeting mode, just trying to explain it, I never use a game mode so weird but thanks, wish they would make these a proper clickable pit
Don't worry it's just a Training mission "feature". In all other missions it'll be gone
draconus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:53 AM   #6
thrustvector

ah dam silly, forgot how to do a few things on it so took the training mish, after I reloaded of course it was gone and the game mode wasn't ticked anyway, I guess that was a feature or something as sure it wasn't there before seems very silly.
ive stopped playing it again anyway, shame the 27 is my fav A2A plane but I cant play these non clickable pits, just to arcady for me.
thanks anyway guys for your help