Moving TGP from center line

TheOtherSider

I'd be interested to know if we can make this modification ourselves as well. I've been hoping this placement would be released soon but I understand they have their hands full with the Viper.

You can, just copy the line for the pod in the lua file from the centreline to the two fuselage stations. Doesn't work in MP though.

This is the path

DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\FA-18C.lua

open it in notepad++ or something.

copy line 164 it will say

{ CLSID = "{A111396E-D3E8-4b9c-8AC9-2432489304D5}" }, --Litening

paste it under line 137, make sure the parenthesis is under the line, it will look like this

}

save the file.

I recommend you save a copy of the original first, incase you want to roll back to original, this will invalidate your integrity check so if you fly in servers that run that you may not be able to join with the file modded.

next time you update the file will return to its original state.

have fun.

I recommend you save a copy of the original first, incase you want to roll back to original, this will invalidate your integrity check so if you fly in servers that run that you may not be able to join with the file modded.

have fun.

OVGME would be a good alternative to having to edit the file every update and for MP servers

This is the path

DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\FA-18C\FA-18C.lua

open it in notepad++ or something.

copy line 164 it will say

paste it under line 137, make sure the parenthesis is under the line, it will look like this

}

save the file.

have fun.

Ah, thanx it worked like a charm. I don't understand, if it is as simple as a LUA tweek why ED hasn't done it already. The TGP on center line dosn't seem to be a common load out for the f-18. In most of the pictures I can find of it, it is loaded on the cheek mount not the center line.

…. In most of the pictures I can find of it, it is loaded on the cheek mount not the center line.

What you're seeing in those pics is a different pod, the LITENING, used by the Navy. The one we currently have is used exclusively by the Marines and is mounted on the center tank.

LITENING will be out some time in the future they've mentioned.

Edit - As someone pointed out, it's the ATFLIR pod on the cheek you see in photos I guess,. not the LITENING one.

Edited by Steve Gee
Correction

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

The ATFLIR pod is what you normally see on the cheek. It is a smaller diameter than the Litening Pod. If you look around on the forums or just the internet in general, you can find hints of an adapter for the Litening pod but nothing explicit. Also, it doesn’t seem like a configuration the USMC uses much. There aren’t any easy to find public photographs of the Litening pod on the cheek.

Ah, thanx it worked like a charm. I don't understand, if it is as simple as a LUA tweek why ED hasn't done it already. The TGP on center line dosn't seem to be a common load out for the f-18. In most of the pictures I can find of it, it is loaded on the cheek mount not the center line.

There are air forces that use the litening tgp on the cheek station also, they usually have a shroud or something that attached between the fuselage and the pod, getting this done could be the delay, it was afterall not intended to be a part of this module and their tpod stuff is schedule to be done later after some other things are developed for DCS.

When using that lua tweak to move the TGP on the cheek, does it also move the location of the actual camera? (so it actually shows the view on the displays from the correct hardpoint instead of the default one (center line))

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

When using that lua tweak to move the TGP on the cheek, does it also move the location of the actual camera? (so it actually shows the view on the displays from the correct hardpoint instead of the default one (center line))
Yes it does, I tried it the other day (Backy51's lua file) and the camera showed the bottom of the aircraft and the attached centerline fuel tank as looking from the left cheek station.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Thanks for the info Scotch75!

I thought ED had to configure the camera point of view coordinates in some way that would have delayed the release of the alternate mounting points.

Maybe it has something to do with the aiming/coordinates/accuracy/calculation due to the different location for the sensor then.

Time to get that tweak in OvGME and enjoy different loadouts.

Thanks!

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

@Bourrinopathe No probs mate. I just think they have it way down on the priority list, or ATFLIR will be taking up a lot of time with higher priority.

This work around is good, however, it does break IC for multiplayer.

Cheers!

Scotch

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Maybe it's not available yet because ED doesn't have the proper 3D model for the mounting station?

The 3D artists probably have a lot on their plates ;)

tor913.jpg

Edited by Bourrinopathe