• Vulkan API implementation
    • Complete existing modules
    • Create new aircraft modules
    • Create new helicopter modules
    • Create new maps
    • Create more DLC campaigns/missions
    • Upgrade weather system
    • Upgrade AI
    • Nothing, DCS is already perfect in any way! OMG!
    • Other...

voted to prioritize Vulkan implementation - everyone benefits of it and it´s needed to optimize VR performance in particular.

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

pools

Complete existing models should be a priority to 3rd partys and then the others next on the pool. More pools like these should be done.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

AI is a big one for me since I fly mostly SP.

On that same note, improved comms and ATC logic are a close second. But as we know that is in the pipeline...

And the A-10C refresh. :smilewink:

i7 9700k @ 4.9 GHz | Asus Z390-A | EVGA 1080Ti SC2 | Oculus Rift + Touch | TM HOTAS Warthog

Is a dynamic campaign really priority if the AI standard is low and you can't even spot it properly (visibility) in WVR though?

IMO the lack of dynamic campaign is not "game breaking" like visibility or too simplified AI flight models and super detection abilities can be.

Vulkan could also improve performances for many people too, bringing potentially more customers as well, the kind of people who did not have a very powerful computer like most of us have to run DCS online smoothly.

you are absolutely right

I stopped playing with this wonderful and potentially fabulous game for these 3 reasons

1 poor AI

2 visibility model

3 dynamic stuff absent

Finish modules. I would rather see a completed F-18 than anything else.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Complete modules would be a priority for many people. Too many modules are in beta ....

beta??? most of them are still early access :lol:

In my opinion the no1 priority should be completing the existing modules! ED and 3rd parties. Years passed since some of them were first released till today

F18C: ~ 1.5 year

Harrier: ~ 1.5 years

Viggen: ~ 2 years

etc

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

beta??? most of them are still early access :lol:

In my opinion the no1 priority should be completing the existing modules! ED and 3rd parties. Years passed since some of them were first released till today

F18C: ~ 1.5 year

Harrier: ~ 1.5 years

Viggen: ~ 2 years

etc

:megalol::megalol: :thumbup:

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

i guess because non-VR users don't have any performance issues. And they are the vast majority :)

They won't be in a few years IMO.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I voted for Vulcan as I understand it as a "VR (not only VR) performance improvement",

but fully agree, that bugs are pain; one can put [REPORTED] into search and gets long list, way long...

sad view :-(

Edited by wju

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

Complete all existing modules first and foremost, including the Yak-52.

Yes that thing is probably one of the most simplest modules out there systems wise

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

For me its the Weather that needs the most help: Here's why...

to start just a vertical weather physics model would do wonders: with wet/dry/standard lapse rates, ground heating we could get procedurally generated stratus clouds, mutliple layers of clouds, rain, virga, hail, icing, cumulus clouds, towering cumulus, anvils, cirrus, a mix of the above. We would alos get inversion layers, wind shears, procedurally generated vapor effects of aircraft based on this alone - this would of course let you generate vapor shock cones dynamically.

just imagine flying in missions with towering cumulus clouds with in inbedded weather, rain under them, all the while the sun shining and making shadows and dark areas. Or fog.

just with a basic vertical model not even a weather system model you could do all that. it would change the core of the sim, and in an amazing way. No one would ever go anywhere else to fly in a sim.

Devs, get it started! small steps and keep building it up. This will solve issues with the current puff ball clouds, vapor effects on aircraft and the need to make the atmosphere a real world sim, not what we have now - which is great and all but its like flying in test all the time.

the winds are weak, turbulence is low level only, rain is weak, clouds are. well lets not comment there, humidity is not even around at all! due point? what is that... the creation of a vertical weather model as a base to weather in general would be a game changer. I hope that this gets addressed soon as it affects every single player in the sim. sim people are used to not even dealing with weather and imo have grown accustomed to not having it around, and do not know what they are missing out on. If DCS makes a decent vertical weather model, it would out shine any other effort. All the aircraft would be much more exciting to fly, all the maps would be as well, everything would get a new experience. Imo things - issues that affect everything in the sim should take priority to the few [modules, maps, Ai modules, vehicles, ships, missiles & bombs etc.]

Voted to "complete existing modules" and for me that would include the new looooong awaited damage model.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.