Fenced in / Combat ready

kontiuka

Not sure if this has ever been suggested before but I thought it would be nice to have a "fenced in" or "combat ready" option in the mission editor. So, if you start a mission in-flight, your weapons are already hot, your lights are off, your radar is on, etc.

I realize each module would have to handle this option differently since each module is different (ex. some have radar, some don't) so just tossing the idea out there.

The 'Prepare Mission' button is already there to accomplish those sorts of things. It has been there since before DCS World.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The 'Prepare Mission' button is already there to accomplish those sorts of things. It has been there since before DCS World.

My understanding and experience both indicate that "prepare mission" only works with a very limited number of modules, maybe only the A-10C and possibly the Ka-50.

I do think, however, expanding "prepare mission" to include all the other modules would be a great --- flexible and powerful -- way to implement the OP's objectives.