Why thi happens to my aircrafts?

Please look at the very short .trk I've included. I wonder if this jittering or jerking is normal, as soon as I start any mission with the plane on flight. And this happens same with the Spit, the P-51D or the jets. Is this supposed to happen when you start a flying mission or is it something wrong with my setup? Thanks in advance.

why.trk

well, check your setup

also, before doing that, you can play again and when it starts happening, press rctl+enter to show the inputs of your control. when you see something in that red/green box jittering without your input, then you know it's your stick

I did razo+R but it shows the flight stick well centered all the time, I am pretty sure it is not the flight stick since once you gain control it works fine but it is a burden to have that always that I start a mission. It doesn't look normal to me, that is why I am asking here.

It's the "normal" result of sudden throttle and RPM spike caused by mismatch of your physical and virtual levers positions, as can be seen on Your track by the way if You look left. Turn on the "synchronize controls with HOTAS at mission start" in misc. game options and the problem should be mostly gone.

Although, keep in mind that rudder trimmer when spawning mid-air is never set correctly for speed set in mission editor, but that's more of a general DCS issue. No big deal in jets, but much more annoying in the props, especially in Spitfire, which is dramatically responsive to rudder trim.

If the track was recorded in one of these missions You've been setting up lately to learn to land DCS warbirds, I can say You're doing it wrong :D. Being THAT close to the runway, even experienced DCS pilots would find setting up the plane, approaching and landing difficult. Give Yourself more distance and altitude!

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks razo+r and Art-J.

This happens on every mission that starts on air, I just wanted to show it to see if you ppl were able to help.

I have the "Synchronize controls with hotas controls" checked, so that is not. Now Art-J, if this is a common issue at the missions start, then I guess nothing can be done to fix it.

Thanks for advising that mission starts too close to runway, it originally starts way more far from it but I've been shortening it so I can do more crashes for minute :pilotfly:

Thanks!!

Mine does exactly the same thing at the start.

Things do happen fast when you get close to the runway. You can give yourself a lot more time to get settled in for a smooth landing if you don't use flaps. These runways are very long so you have plenty of distance to roll out.

Nobody says you have to actually land. You can fly down the runway at 2 ft altitude if you use enough throttle. Try it a couple of times. Just concentrate on keeping the wings level and stay in the center of the runway.

Edited by Perfesser

I have the "Synchronize controls with hotas controls" checked, so that is not. Now Art-J, if this is a common issue at the missions start, then I guess nothing can be done to fix it.

Oh it very much is the source of the problem. However, if You have this option turned on, it clearly doesn't work in Your DCS install for some reason. Look left, Your throttle is forward when spawning mid air (standard position, when DCS doesn't detect game controller, or is unable to detect physical position of controller), while Your actual TX throttle is pulled back. The moment You just touch it, the game detects its correct position and the virtual lever jumps back, causing all the clusterF seen here.

I don't know what to suggest apart from moving all axes on Your joystick through their full motion ranges immediately after firing up DCS and before loading any mission. I think that should sort of "recalibrate" Your stick and throttle, so the game recognizes inputs correctly right from the beginning of the mission. I have a habit of doing this whenever I start DCS (have to do it anyway, because my Thrustmaster gear is not plugged into the computer permanently) and I don't have issues with synchronization.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.